PDA

View Full Version : ABC 24 app not good on 3G

PCKid
1st March 2011, 08:48 AM
We've lost power in the hills since last night so thought I'd watch the ABC app for news 24. But via 3G all I get is it starts their ad then goes to begin the news and stops. I was under the impression it worked via 3G.

skritter
1st March 2011, 10:08 AM
We've lost power in the hills since last night so thought I'd watch the ABC app for news 24. But via 3G all I get is it starts their ad then goes to begin the news and stops. I was under the impression it worked via 3G.

Ahhh! So you are not on Telstra.

PCKid
1st March 2011, 10:19 AM
Ahhh! So you are not on Telstra.

I am with Telstra. This is on my iPad. It shows their little 24 ad then tries to start the news itself for about 10 seconds then just stops. Thought it might be buffering but waited awhile and nothing. No spinning busy circle even

LithgowLights
1st March 2011, 08:58 PM
I just turned off Wireless & tried it here. The App runs for a minute or two then pauses & wont restart. Other things like news in 90 seconds work fine, but News 24 fails to work.

PCKid
1st March 2011, 10:50 PM
Now it's playing up with wireless too. Same problem. Wonder if it's anything to do with the recent update to the app. Have they broken something. Annoying as I use it a lot to watch ABC 24. I have wireless N too.