PDA

View Full Version : Do Apple Sell Printers In Stores?

iPadlover22
26th February 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm going to take the plunge in buying a new MacBook soon, and am planning on taking advantage of the printer rebate offered by Apple. I know an easy solution would be to buy it online together, but I plan on waiting until a 10% off sale at a major retailer to price match at the Apple Store. So I'm wondering whether they sell the printers too, or if it's an online only thing. If it makes a difference, I'll probably be going after the cheapest one, the "HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer" that is listed for $129.95. Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I don't really no where it should go. Thanks for the help!

Mac Ram
26th February 2011, 09:56 PM
Apple stores price match?

iPadlover22
26th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Apple stores price match?

From what I've read, yes. After all, they would still be getting more money by having customers buy directly compared to through a reseller.

arlibie
26th February 2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah they price match - sometimes they will do better than price match! They seem to have a list of known sale prices happening at other stores (e.g. Big W, JB HiFi etc), so if you say "so-and-so has x for $y" they'll check their list for so-and-so, or find a price which is lower than so-and-so and give it to you for that!

markg
26th February 2011, 10:21 PM
The Apple retail stores do sell the cheapest printer. I picked one up last week when they offered me the rebate you referred to with the purchase of my new Macbook Air.

iPadlover22
26th February 2011, 10:27 PM
The Apple retail stores do sell the cheapest printer. I picked one up last week when they offered me the rebate you referred to with the purchase of my new Macbook Air.

Awesome, thanks markg! Hopefully they have stock when I get my MBP :) All I need to do now is decide whether I want an i7 13" or the lower 15". That, and for a 10% off sale somewhere!

tom5955
26th February 2011, 10:41 PM
Never heard of them price matching. Strange.

iPadlover22
26th February 2011, 10:45 PM
Never heard of them price matching. Strange.

They don't advertise it, but they do.