PDA

View Full Version : Apple confirms March 2 media event

Ecto1
24th February 2011, 06:34 AM
Apple have sent out the invites and it's clear what it will be about.

http://photos.appleinsider.com/ipadevent-110223.png

Apple confirms March 2 media event to introduce iPad 2 (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/11/02/23/apple_sends_out_invites_for_ipad_2_media_event_on_ march_2.html)

LevMac
24th February 2011, 06:43 AM
Just saw this on macrumors :)

Very very excited, and the good thing is, it's next week ! :)

alzzla
24th February 2011, 06:56 AM
Just read that too. Lets see what next week brings..

Brains
24th February 2011, 06:58 AM
Au contraire - 2011 is the Year Of The Lion for Apple, which marks the beginning of the transition of iOS to the desktop. The iPad 2 and the next iPhone are just part of the process of unifying all Apple products under one operating system, and eventually, one architecture.

decryption
24th February 2011, 08:30 AM
Mmmhmm, hello Mr. Amex, how are you today?

purana
24th February 2011, 08:35 AM
I've got my card/cash ready.. have enough left over from purchase of the mac mini to pick up a 16gb 3g ipad :)

Ecto1
24th February 2011, 09:24 AM
What I really want to know is who will do the keynote? will it be Steve or Phil?

LevMac
24th February 2011, 10:43 AM
What I really want to know is who will do the keynote? will it be Steve or Phil?

As much as I would want it to be Steve, I think it will be Phil

rav3n
24th February 2011, 10:56 AM

I dont see Steve doing it, although he is a man of surprises so I guess you'll have to wait and see

nibbles
24th February 2011, 04:06 PM
Year of the Lion makes sense. Maybe they will talk about lion and it's release date, features, etc then go on about iOS 5 and then new MacBook Pros, new iMacs, iOS 5 sdk is released and possibly mention of alternatives to Xserve

yagankiely
24th February 2011, 11:21 PM
Year of the Lion makes sense. Maybe they will talk about lion and it's release date, features, etc then go on about iOS 5 and then new MacBook Pros, new iMacs, iOS 5 sdk is released and possibly mention of alternatives to XserveDon't forget new iPods, new Apple TVs, new iWork, new Aperture, new iLife, new…

Joey1983
1st March 2011, 07:53 AM
So 10am Wed in San Francisco = 5am Thurs in Sydney right?
Seems later than usual.

yagankiely
1st March 2011, 03:08 PM
I was thinking that too. Will the iPad graphics have '10:42' as the time (instead of '9:42' like they currently are?)

Don't for get the simultaneous BBC/Apple/Stephen Fry do in London. Pretty much confirms facetime (not that we didn't already know).

LithgowLights
1st March 2011, 09:25 PM
My bet is iOS update (with the iOS 5 SDK release soon), the iPad 2, and there will be the usual updates on the 7 kazillion iOS devices, and 200 bajillion downloads from the Appstore, and 400 downloads from the new Mac Store (399 of which were downloaded by Decryption).

I bet there is also a "One more thing", but I'm not sure what that will be - maybe some better interconnection of devices planned in iOS 5 or something like that (But a PC version of iPhoto would be a really nice thing lol)

I'll have to wait till I get to work on Thursday to find out the real list.

yagankiely
1st March 2011, 10:37 PM
MobileMe.

LevMac
2nd March 2011, 11:07 AM
Not long to go now, one more sleep :)

I sure hope they don't release them in colours, after reading another rumour site, they said their going to make them in multi colours like the nano, that would be a big FAIL

Bart Smastard
2nd March 2011, 12:45 PM
Not long to go now, one more sleep :)

I sure hope they don't release them in colours, after reading another rumour site, they said their going to make them in multi colours like the nano, that would be a big FAIL

iPad 2 - Available in a variety of colours but everything else is exactly the same, just the way you like it :)

Ecto1
2nd March 2011, 02:25 PM
Anyone getting up early for the live blog on Engadget and other popular Tech sites? I all was read the one on Engadget.

LevMac
2nd March 2011, 02:45 PM
Anyone getting up early for the live blog on Engadget and other popular Tech sites? I all was read the one on Engadget.

Yeah I'm tempted to get up early and follow all the live blogs, but in a way I'd rather just wake up normally and just visit Apple.com :)

Ecto1
2nd March 2011, 02:53 PM
Yeah I'm tempted to get up early and follow all the live blogs, but in a way I'd rather just wake up normally and just visit Apple.com :)

Yeah I think I might do the same this year and just wait for the podcast of the keynote.

Lockley
2nd March 2011, 03:30 PM
i hope it has a live video feed again like all the other recent events

tom5955
2nd March 2011, 03:33 PM
i hope it has a live video feed again like all the other recent events

Seems a bit late to announce that now. How long before the event did they announce it for the September one?

Japester
2nd March 2011, 03:34 PM

I probably can't afford it, so I'm not as keen to see what's new. I'll probably catch the website in the morning.

LevMac
2nd March 2011, 03:36 PM
I remember the last time they streamed it "live" through your iPad, iPhone etc it was posted on their website a day or two before the event ?

Been looking at the site randomly today, yet there is nothing mentioned

Stez
2nd March 2011, 04:15 PM
It's only at 5AM, so I'll get up to watch it, hopefully there's a live stream.

tom5955
2nd March 2011, 04:39 PM
Yeah it was posted about 7pm PST the day before they did it for the September event, and it's now around 10pm there I believe, so it's too late.

Stez
2nd March 2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah it was posted about 7pm PST the day before they did it for the September event, and it's now around 10pm there I believe, so it's too late.

Nah I remember missing the last one because I though there wasn't going to be a live stream and a few hours before the event while I was asleep they announced it so I'll probably wake up anyway and just check the blogs.

nibbles
2nd March 2011, 05:46 PM
Not intending on getting up early, the iPad isn't something I need or really care much about. I'll make time in the afternoon to watch the keynote, I don't care how much stuff needs to be done because I need a break, and don't anything or anyone try and stop me.

mattcooper
2nd March 2011, 05:48 PM
What time in QLD will the event be occurring? Thanks everyone

Ecto1
2nd March 2011, 07:27 PM
What time in QLD will the event be occurring? Thanks everyone

For QLD time it's 4AM.

mattcooper
2nd March 2011, 07:43 PM
For QLD time it's 4AM. Thankyou kind sir

rav3n
2nd March 2011, 07:48 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Sunrise (tv morning show) are already advertising they have the ipad 2 for tomorrows show?

Ecto1
2nd March 2011, 08:30 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Sunrise (tv morning show) are already advertising they have the ipad 2 for tomorrows show?

I bet all it will be is that Seamus guy from Gizmodo Australia talking about what was announced and what is different about this version. I highly doubt they would have one. In fact I'm glad they have done away with the Pete guy.

Stez
2nd March 2011, 08:30 PM

Wait, what? They have the iPad 2?

Fedgrub
2nd March 2011, 08:42 PM

I bet all it will be is that Seamus guy from Gizmodo Australia talking about what was announced and what is different about this version. I highly doubt they would have one. In fact I'm glad they have done away with the Pete guy.

Just saw the ad for it and I agree. They said "road to the iPad 2", not that they have it in the studio. If they did have it in the studio they would be highlighting that like crazy. Man, I hate Kochie anyway.

eron
3rd March 2011, 12:40 AM
I'm hoping for an update to the airport express too!!!

mattcooper
3rd March 2011, 12:47 AM
I'm hoping for an update to the airport express too!!!

+1 Also an update to the time capsule would be sweet

Edit:

Apple store is down

andyrb
3rd March 2011, 04:19 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these new iPads get a lower price point. They'll sell if they stay at the same price, but a lower point might hook in some of those umming and ahhing.

Stez
3rd March 2011, 04:24 AM
Holy shit. Me want.http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/20110302-10210971--img4534.jpg

andyrb
3rd March 2011, 04:25 AM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if these new iPads get a lower price point. They'll sell if they stay at the same price, but a lower point might hook in some of those umming and ahhing.

Meh, I was wrong. Oh well.

Though price freeze is better than nothing.

Stez
3rd March 2011, 04:27 AM
Mark your calendars, March 25th is the Aussie release date!

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Full HDMI output accessory.

Gothikon
3rd March 2011, 05:24 AM
Considering they should be available here on the 25th I'm surprised I can't pre-order one now.

decryption
3rd March 2011, 05:28 AM
MacTalk - iPad 2 Ahoy! March 25th for Australia (http://www.mactalk.com.au/content/ipad-2-ahoy-march-25th-australia-1434/)