PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto Books

something2sea
26th October 2005, 11:43 PM
Apple introduced 'worldwide avalibility' for their iPhoto books, and then said "for countried that have the iTunes music store" so then, when do we get it?? isn't it about time we get it, or is that another story totally?

gaehl
27th October 2005, 12:22 AM
Probably another story as I assume they would be looking for a local (Australasian) printer for the books that would have enough capacity and be able to keep the quality high.

At a guess they are probably working on it, but who know when we will see it.

P.S. As far as I know Japan does not have the iPhoto books and they have had the music store longer than us.

something2sea
27th October 2005, 01:15 AM
good point!

iluvmymactoo
27th October 2005, 05:53 AM
You can get your iPhoto books done locally in Australia through Digital Da Vinci (http://www.digitaldavinci.com.au/photo_book.html) All you need do is download their free plugin for iPhoto and then you can send your pictures via iPhoto to them to have what ever type of album made.

It's a good service and the results are great.

DJY
27th October 2005, 06:11 PM
It will be interesting to see if they bother to offer an official service here anytime soon...
and then even to compare the prices from Apple to the current 3rd party Aust options.

something2sea
27th October 2005, 06:28 PM
i'm sure if apple was to make the books avalible they wouldn't make it as expensive as those aussy people, because they're actually quite expensive!

iluvmymactoo
27th October 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by something2sea@gmail.com@Oct 27 2005, 06:28 PM
i'm sure if apple was to make the books avalible they wouldn't make it as expensive as those aussy people, because they're actually quite expensive!
The same thing was said about ITMS :rolleyes:

the_com_man
27th October 2005, 08:22 PM
Actually Japan Has iPhoto Printing

27th October 2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by iluvmymactoo@Oct 27 2005, 05:53 AM
You can get your iPhoto books done locally in Australia through Digital Da Vinci (http://www.digitaldavinci.com.au/photo_book.html) All you need do is download their free plugin for iPhoto and then you can send your pictures via iPhoto to them to have what ever type of album made.

It's a good service and the results are great.
do digital da vinci work with iphoto 4? i don't have iphoto 5 and their plug in says that is what it is for.

something2sea
28th October 2005, 03:45 PM
yeah, they are quite expensive though!!

MacMatt
28th October 2005, 04:28 PM
NOTE: Digital Da Vinci , is NextByte