PDA

View Full Version : Transferring iPhone and iPad

Tubbsy
3rd February 2011, 07:54 AM
Hi All

Ok, I've done a search but can't find what I'm looking for.
Just switched from PC to Mac, I'm not bothered about moving my iTunes library, easy enough, what I want to know is, how do I get my PC synched iPad and iPhone 4 to both integrate into my new Mac OS?
I need to de-authorise the windows iTunes from what I can work out, but when I then plug it into the Mac, won't it erase everything and delete all my apps?
How do I get around that?

Tubbsy
3rd February 2011, 07:56 AM
Forgot to subscribe

iGobbleoff
3rd February 2011, 08:06 AM
it will sync everything, except the DRM stuff it will remove.

Tubbsy
3rd February 2011, 08:09 AM
Excellent. So it'll just blow away my music but synch everything else to the new iTunes?

Easy as!

DeKa
3rd February 2011, 08:28 AM
If you just pick up the iTunes directory on the PC and drop it on the Mac (in the right place of course) then sync, iTunes and the iPhone & iPad will just continue as if nothing changed. It's worked numerous times for me, in both directions (PC-Mac, Mac-PC).

Tubbsy
3rd February 2011, 08:32 AM
If you just pick up the iTunes directory on the PC and drop it on the Mac (in the right place of course) then sync, iTunes and the iPhone & iPad will just continue as if nothing changed. It's worked numerous times for me, in both directions (PC-Mac, Mac-PC).

Oh cool. Being a total noob on Mac OS, where is "the right place"?

DeKa
6th February 2011, 12:49 PM
In iTunes go to preferences and look for the location that iTunes uses. Should be your username/music/iTunes.

Close iTunes. Drop the pc's iTunes folder there. Note anything you've imported/bought on the Mac itunes will be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubbsy
6th February 2011, 01:16 PM
Plugged it all in, synched no worries. It told me that was computer 2 of my 5 available. So you can now synch multiple computers with your toys, apart of course, from the mp3's.