PDA

View Full Version : Mp3, iPad - no iTunes

ruegen
28th January 2011, 08:21 PM
I just received a demo cd from my band but I have no way to get the songs onto my iPad and iPhone without my iMac which is at my folks and many hours away.

Anyone know of an App that I could use? Transfer via Bluetooth from pc? Help!

iGobbleoff
28th January 2011, 08:29 PM
Will need your iMac.

skyhawkmatthew
28th January 2011, 08:36 PM
You should be able to enable 'manually manage music' in iTunes on a computer you have handy where you are and drag the tracks onto the devices... the music you already have synced should stay on there. When you get home, turn off manually manage music and those new tracks will disappear, but you can import them again off the CD into your proper library and sync them on properly.

battye
28th January 2011, 11:15 PM
Rip them on another computer to mp3 and email them to yourself, then access them through the Mail app?

ruegen
29th January 2011, 12:01 AM
You should be able to enable 'manually manage music' in iTunes on a computer you have handy where you are and drag the tracks onto the devices... the music you already have synced should stay on there. When you get home, turn off manually manage music and those new tracks will disappear, but you can import them again off the CD into your proper library and sync them on properly.

*ding*

Good idea :)

Update: nope, that didn't work :(

ruegen
29th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Rip them on another computer to mp3 and email them to yourself, then access them through the Mail app?

Lot of files :(

Jolyon
29th January 2011, 10:08 PM
Use AirSharing or similar? This, of course, means that you may have to spend money on a solution that only might work, so I'd understand if you were somewhat hesitant.

Redman
30th January 2011, 08:48 AM
Get A dropbox account, download the iPad Dropbox app and get someone who can rip them from the CD and upload to your Dropbox.
You will be able to play the songs directly from the Dropbox App.
If you get iFiles ($3.99 in the App Store) you can rename them, move them around to different folders etc etc.

Shaun R
30th January 2011, 11:26 AM
Either Redman's suggestion (If you end up using that, use this link and you and I get an extra 250MB space: http://db.tt/HjagcDe ), or plug into the iMac.

Unfortunately due to the nature of iOS devices, this is a very annoying limitation.

ruegen
30th January 2011, 03:35 PM
Get A dropbox account, download the iPad Dropbox app and get someone who can rip them from the CD and upload to your Dropbox.
You will be able to play the songs directly from the Dropbox App.
If you get iFiles ($3.99 in the App Store) you can rename them, move them around to different folders etc etc.

I chose File Transfer app (although given the new advice from you I would have purchased iFiles)

It's slow and I have to upload the songs via a browser on a pc/mac but it has worked but it's not exactly imported into the iPod/iTunes app :(

It's a temporary solution but not exactly convenient, I don't want to have to use "sort manually" from the start to be able to do this in the future (if that even works).

I love using just my iPad & iPhone but there are limitations (I'll call it that for now) and I can't wait until iOS becomes fully.independent