PDA

View Full Version : App Store Dev - ABN Question

aeon
22nd January 2011, 01:37 PM
Hi All,

I've come across a few posts linking to other posts etc on here, though it'd be nice if it was in one central location.

Situation: I'm a full time .net developer who is simply an employee (don't have my own business etc).

In my spare time, as a hobby, I've developed a simple iPhone App that I would like to put on the App Store.

I've tossed up between putting it on the store for free, paid ($1.19) or with ads.

I don't expect to make any money on it, but it'd be nice to get back the money I paid for the iOS Developer Program. I'm thinking about alternating it between being available Free and for $1.19 (ie, maybe launch for free and then put it up to $1.19 once a few people have downloaded it, or put it for $1.19 at the start, and then make it free if there isn't (m)any people downloading it).

Anyhows, my question is, since I do intend to put it on there for a monetary value, do I have to register an ABN to do this? Most of the other threads point to yes, but is there anywhere I can read this for sure on the Apple Site? (or does it prompt you to do this when you create your iTunes Connect account)?

Also, I saw mention in some threads that you need to need to register for an EIN or something for income you make from the US market? How does one go about doing that and is it actually required?

What would be really nice would be a "Part 2" to this tutorial:

Tutorial: Becoming A Registered iPhone Developer | MacTalk Australia (http://www.mactalk.com.au/2010/05/20/tutorial-becoming-a-registered-iphone-developer/)

Telling us what to do once we want to publish something to the store!

kyte
23rd January 2011, 02:08 PM
Just as a matter of form, I reckon it would be wise to have an ABN in any case. If the app takes off, you'll need it.