PDA

View Full Version : Network Icon not accessible

PartridgeAHA
25th October 2005, 10:47 AM
Hi,
I use a powerbook running 10.4.2 hooked up to my work PC, which is on a novell network. In order to transfer files between the Mac and PC, I have sharing enabled between folders on each machine.
I used to just click on network icon from "Home" in finder and select network from there
and then brows the connections till I saw my work PC on the network and connected from there

(network was visible in the area where it says the name of my Mac and then Macintosh HD but not anymore. I think i've inadvertently ejected/ umounted this icon.

Is there anyway I can restore/remount the network? I still have internet, but I just can't transfer files. The tech guys here all work with PC's and I'm the only one running a Mac at work so there's little help locally.

Disko
25th October 2005, 11:23 AM
It sounds odd, and i'm sure there is a simple method to fix it... but i don't know what that is...

What i'd do is go to the finder's Go menu and choose 'connect to server...' (or hit :cmd: + K) and type the address of the share you want to connect to...

If that doesn't work, try logging in and out of your computer?

PartridgeAHA
25th October 2005, 12:03 PM
A friend at work fixed it,
my network icon had become unticked in the sidebar preferences, ticking it brought it back. Simple as that.

If it was my XP machine, i'd still be cursing!