Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 11:59:23 -0500
Subject: Press Release #J04-035

August 2, 2004

Kyle Herring
Johnson Space Center, Houston
281/483-5111

Report #J04-035

THE WIGGLES CHILDREN'S MUSIC GROUP TO VISIT MISSION CONTROL

Media are invited as The Wiggles ? a popular children's musical group ? tour NASA?s Johnson Space Center, Houston, on Thursday, Aug. 5, visiting Mission Control and astronaut training facilities.

Talk about expanding the frontiers of human knowlege.................

Actually it cracked me up.

kim

Disko
4th August 2004, 02:38 PM
haha!

Nice find kim, it'd be great to see video/pics of that. :D

kim jong il
4th August 2004, 03:28 PM
Ha! It getts better. I subscribe to NASA ISS press releases (this was the comical one; all others deal with mundane ongoing issues). This one, in part, will be shown on NASA TV. After the public part of the visit they will be talking to the guys on the ISS in a private session...........

I've ALWAYS wanted to meet the wiggles; seems you have to be an astronaut to be in the running these days :lol:

kim

yinyang
4th August 2004, 03:57 PM
i can see the next wiggles dvd/video...

"live from the International Space Station - the wiggles go eva"

and all astronuats will now have coloured skivvies under their spacesuits, unless they're a dinosuar, octopus or crazy pirate.

remember how they used to (?) transmit signals out into space that had basic 'human' info like dna sequence, binary, brandenburg concertos. it'll now be replaced by wiggles tunes :D

btw just found a link...

http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/news/releases/2004/J04-035.html

Byrd
4th August 2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by kim jong il@Aug 4 2004, 03:28 PM
I've ALWAYS wanted to meet the wiggles
So what's stopping you, kim? (http://www.thewiggles.com.au/country/australia/concerts.html) :)

Terrible site BTW!

JB

kim jong il
5th August 2004, 12:40 AM
There's probably about one million reasons why I will never be an astronaut.............

Ah! You mean why don't I go down to the shopping centres like everyone else? I'm too shy

kim

Ozi
5th August 2004, 08:02 PM
oh poor kim. What a shy, retiring puppy. :lol:

You should take Tilly, so she can wag her tail viciously at them! :D

Good job finding the article. I think they should do an experiment on the ISS to see if the wiggles are affected by zero-gravity. :lol:

stickman67
5th August 2004, 10:59 PM
I don't suppose while the Wiggles are there NASA would consider doing Australia the ultimate kindness and firing them into space for us.

A trajectory aimed somewhere towards the outer end of the Milky Way is probably far enough to render them harmless, I should think.

kim jong il
6th August 2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Ozi@Aug 5 2004, 08:02 PM
..........You should take Tilly, so she can wag her tail viciously at them! :D...............
Tilly is not so viscious any more. She is old, stone deaf and unlikely to appreciate their undeniable talents (ozi just realised he lives 400 m from me)

EDIT: 8:45 am AEST Friday. The wiggles on NASA TV right NOW (looped, but this is the first clip 6 minutes)

I can't get the damn link to work (should be nasa.gov/ntv) But the wiggles are there complete with skivvies. It worries me me that Australians may be judged by these visits. Last month it was john howard (our beloved leader) meeting the governator (arnold) now its the wiggles.

kim

stickman67
6th August 2004, 09:59 AM
Stop it, Kim. You're scaring me! :unsure:

Disko
6th August 2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by kim jong il@Aug 6 2004, 03:11 AM
Last month it was john howard (our beloved leader) meeting the governator (arnold) now its the wiggles.
I thought john howard was one of the wiggles? :blink:

Ozi
6th August 2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Disko@Aug 6 2004, 10:50 AM
He wishes: If he was a member, at least one generation of Australians would like him! :lol:

...even if they were too young to vote...

yinyang
6th August 2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ozi+Aug 6 2004, 04:35 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozi @ Aug 6 2004, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Disko@Aug 6 2004, 10:50 AM
He wishes: If he was a member, at least one generation of Australians would like him&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
you mean you didn&#39;t know that dorothy the dinosaur is actually john howard..&#33;? :D :D

man where have you BEEN :lol:

matrixgeek
6th August 2004, 06:11 PM
Hang on, I thought Eddie McGuire was Dorothy The Dinosaur? Or is Eddie in the Humphrey suit??? Or both? :huh:

LCGuy
7th August 2004, 03:44 PM
w.................................t............... ....................f??? lol.