PDA

View Full Version : Mouse for laptop

little_yoharn
21st October 2005, 11:39 PM
People can I use an ordinary mouse i.e. PC mouse for my iBook.Is there any special requirements
Thanks
Little_yoharn

Disko
21st October 2005, 11:40 PM
anything USB will work. :thumbup:

xatz
22nd October 2005, 02:07 AM
I bought one from a computer fair that said it only worked with PCs.
I bought it anyway, then plugged it in and she worked fine with my iBook.
Any mouse should be fine. :D

Bandersnatch
22nd October 2005, 08:49 AM
What they said. I am sitting here using a <gasp> Microsoft Optical Mouse. Oh for shame.

I also use a handy little shareware app called USB Overdrive to set the scroll wheel button. I am not sure if it is necessary though - I am new to X so there could well be something already built in to the OS to set up mouse buttons.

Edd
22nd October 2005, 02:20 PM
All usb should work. If you go for bluetooth, not 100% of devices will function fully with your ib, so check the specs and features if you go to get a bt one.

mwot
22nd October 2005, 02:54 PM
... using an MS manufactured mouse on an Apple computer, oh, for shame&#33;

wake up to yourselves, ppl&#33; Mighty Mouse (http://forums.appletalk.com.au/index.php?showtopic=11386&hl=Mighty%20%20Mouse&st=0) is the way to go.

:P :)

titan44
22nd October 2005, 05:29 PM
I second the Mighty Mouse, it&#39;s quite good for laptop use, once you get used to it.

waynie
22nd October 2005, 06:20 PM
Personally, my vote is for a Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth Optical Mini (http://www.streetwise.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=3290). It&#39;s a little more expensive than the mighty mouse, but smaller and therefore better for laptops. No problems with a Bluetooth connection to my Powerbook.

The perfect compact wireless optical mouse IMO :)

v1llage1d1ot
22nd October 2005, 06:58 PM
I third the mighty mouse, the cord is almost on the short side, but for a laptop its great, no long cord getting in the way all the time. I dumped my MS optical mouse on my girlfriend, which gave me the perfect excuse to get a mighty mouse, and I haven&#39;t looked back. It matches the ibook nicely too&#33;

Edd
23rd October 2005, 08:04 AM
The disadvantage I find with corded mice on ibooks and the 12" powerbook, is that the usb ports are on the left of the comp. Bit of a PITA when you&#39;re right handed. <_<

mwot
23rd October 2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Edd@Oct 23 2005, 08:04 AM
The disadvantage I find with corded mice on ibooks and the 12" powerbook, is that the usb ports are on the left of the comp. Bit of a PITA when you&#39;re right handed. <_<
using my Mighty Mouse with my IBM Thinkpad, where the USB ports are also on the left, I can testify that there is ample cord for a right hander. So, I wouldn&#39;t rate that as a huge concern. The Mighty Mouse is also light, as there are no batteries like a BT mouse.