PDA

View Full Version : Dead Pixel on a new iMac

tobytjs82
27th December 2010, 03:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a iMac 21.5" from WoW. It's roughly two weeks old and it now has a dead pixel.

Firstly, is there anything I should try and do to make sure it's 100% dead? I've restarted the system a few times, but it's still there.

Secondly, is a dead pixel on such a new system grounds to take it back? Would this be covered by warranty?

Sorry if these seem like silly questions. I just thought I'd ask here before I make any phone calls or head back to the store.

Thanks,

Toby

KRK
27th December 2010, 04:38 PM
Best option might be to call Apple, explain the situation and try get a case number. Once you have the case number, you could probably take it back to WoW and ask them for an exchange and let them know you have called Apple and have a case number.

Jacko30
27th December 2010, 07:00 PM
I believe that apple has a policy on this kind of thing. I think it has to have like 7 dead pixels or something like that before they will replace it.

EDIT: here is the link http://www.bgr.com/2010/11/03/apple’s-dead-pixel-policy-revealed/

nibbles
27th December 2010, 07:39 PM
if it is under 14 days old you should be able to return it no questions asked, do that then go in a couple of days later and buy another.

idiesel
27th December 2010, 07:45 PM
if it is under 14 days old you should be able to return it no questions asked, do that then go in a couple of days later and buy another.

Not quite sure on the 'no questions asked' unless they have a 14 day refund policy like DSE, otherwise they don't have to refund simply because you changed your mind