1Gb Memory
80Gb HDD

To a
Apple Macbook Pro A1226 15.4"
Intel Core2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz
2Gb Memory
nVidia 8600M GT 128Mb
120Gb HDD

I would be able to then sell my MacBook.
I'm thinking it's a good idea because of larger screen size + more ram + dedicated video card.

What do you guys think?
Also Adobe After Effects/Premiere will definitely run in 64 bit with the A1226 is that correct?

Thanks in advance!

MacNut
21st December 2010, 05:46 AM
I think you have answered your own question :D

iMic
21st December 2010, 07:33 AM
To a
Apple Macbook Pro A1226 15.4"
Intel Core2 Duo T7500 2.2Ghz
2Gb Memory
nVidia 8600M GT 128Mb
120Gb HDD

I would be able to then sell my MacBook.
I'm thinking it's a good idea because of larger screen size + more ram + dedicated video card.

I would steer clear of any computer with an nVidia 8600M GT.

MacBook Pro: Distorted video or no video issues (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377)

The issue is a widespread one and based on the information nVidia have provided, including feedback from the users themselves, it's a case of when it'll fail, rather than if. Sooner rather than later as well, some machines even just 2 years from the manufacture date have exhibited major problems.

thu187
21st December 2010, 11:05 AM
^ Thank you so much for that!

It says however in the article that Apple is willing to repair it for customers:

Resolution
If your MacBook Pro is exhibiting any of the symptoms listed above, please take it to an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for evaluation, or call your nearest Apple Contact Center. Before visiting the Genius Bar at the Apple Retail Store, please make a reservation (available in some countries only)

Do you think that I'll be ok? Buying it second hand I most likely won't have the original purchase receipt and I'm not sure on what Apple's policies are with this.

leon
21st December 2010, 11:19 AM
Do a search on these forums for user DebB.
She is up to her 4th logicboard replacement on one of these units.

AVOID IT. It is a pain to lose your laptop for a week or so every time the logicboard fails. Once the repair program is over though, you will be left with a possible dud that Apple will no longer repair for free for you.