PDA

View Full Version : TV shows in iTunes?

stevie
19th October 2005, 06:56 PM
Hey all,

I've been adding some simpsons/telivisions episodes to iTunes6 and can't find any way of changing video type in 'Get Info' - 'Options' to TV show. There is an option for movies and music videos, but none for TV shows. This means i can't add season number or the name of show.

I know i could just put the info under different headings but it would just be nice to be able to do it properly and it would make sorting and finding them in the search header easier.

Anyone know any way of doing/fixing this?

Cheers Steve :)

conditionals
19th October 2005, 07:02 PM
Possibly becuase putting your on tv shows in is illegal!

(Sorry, still a bit jilted about a thread of mine getting shut down a few weeks ago because it concerned encoding DVD TV shows).

stevie
19th October 2005, 07:15 PM
If recording TV shows for later watching is illegal then why are we allowed to have VCR's or DVD recorders and why is there a record button on the eye tv software i used to record it?

I was just trying to put them in iTunes so i could put them on my new iPod when i get it. :)

Cheers

tcn33
19th October 2005, 07:52 PM
FYI, iTMS classifies purchased shows as follows:

Episode name: under track name
Show: under artist
Season: under album

So that's what I did when I transferred some TV shows to iTunes. You can then select TV Shows for the genre, but unfortunately that still doesn't make them show up when you click the TV Shows tab at the top of the screen. It looks like that only works for "official" iTMS TV shows.

Okay, back to my current preoccupation of trying to figure out how to raise $543...

tommelbourne
19th October 2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by stevie@Oct 19 2005, 07:15 PM
If recording TV shows for later watching is illegal then why are we allowed to have VCR's or DVD recorders and why is there a record button on the eye tv software i used to record it?
Using VCR's and DVD recorders to record video that you don't hold copyright over or have permission to record IS illegal in Australia!

downsys
19th October 2005, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by tommelbourne@Oct 19 2005, 08:15 PM
Using VCR's and DVD recorders to record video that you don't hold copyright over or have permission to record IS illegal in Australia!
and so is jaywalking ;)

oh, and to our friend up there, do u have to mention in every thread in this manner that urs got closed a few weeks ago? sorry it did, but get on with life.