PDA

View Full Version : Safari on OSX keeps freezing?! wtf?

Mickey7
20th November 2010, 11:08 AM
Hey guys I'm new on here and a musician/guitar geek, but not a computer tech head, so please forgive my NOOBNESS! :p

So randomly the other night I plugged in my macbook pro to my HDMI cable to do some pro tools editing, and the whole thing froze?! Nothing worked, so of corse, reset blah blah and then I go to load up safari and it wont. So i close down and leave it turned off for the night. The next day, i boot up, all programs work fine except safari still keeps freezing. You browse for, maybe, a minute or 2 at best, then freeeze!?

I then did the most recent software update but still randomly after a few mins happens.
The other macs at my house all run off the same wireless modem router thingy and are working fine.

Does this mean the wireless hardware on my mac book is buggereed? or is it a software/set up preferance thingy I need to adjust?

Can anyone help of suggest who else to ask? I dont wanna fork out stupid amounts of time or cash on call centre "help" lines unlessI really have to.

cheers for any suggestions! :-)

twombles_62
20th November 2010, 12:17 PM
When anything like that happens the first thing I'd always do is to repair permissions in disk utility.

Steve_D
20th November 2010, 01:50 PM
Sounds like bad ram.

Did you upgrade it by any chance, with non apple ram?

If your in a state thats lucky enough to have an Apple Store? Take it to the Genius bar and show them.

stewiesno1
24th November 2010, 08:39 AM
Some glitches with Safari are also fixed by downloading "Safari cache cleaner" for Tiger/Leopard etc.

Stewie