PDA

View Full Version : iTunes event tomorrow.

Macjorsh
16th November 2010, 01:25 AM
From engadget
"Whoa, what's this? Apple just updated its homepage with a new splash screen teasing an "exciting announcement from iTunes" at 10AM ET tomorrow, saying that "Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget." All streaming subscription service based out of that North Carolina data center? More video content in the store? Apps for the Apple TV with the iOS 4.2 update? Whatever it is, we're digging for more, and we'll let you know as soon as we find out."

adamd
16th November 2010, 01:29 AM
Paging Mr X.

marc
16th November 2010, 01:32 AM
2AM EST, November 17 for the announcement in Aus-centric time.

Sounds rather big. I'm sure it's iOS 4.2, but it must be something else as well.

adamd
16th November 2010, 01:38 AM
2AM EST, November 17 for the announcement in Aus-centric time.

Sounds rather big. I'm sure it's iOS 4.2, but it must be something else as well.

So if my year 11 "foundies" calculations (which I failed by 1/2 a mark) are right, that's 12-midnight on the evening of the 16th for us backwards people of Perth.
Yay for being on the west coast!

(This has to be the only advantage.)

Prediction: It'll be big. iTunes TV, or subscription movies/tv/music. Think of it as a way Apple can kill off TiVo, Telstra TBox and FoxTel all in one shot!

yinyang
16th November 2010, 01:38 AM
Yay! PowerBook G5 Finally ;)

adamd
16th November 2010, 01:41 AM
Yay! PowerBook G5 Finally ;)

You forgot to mention that iTunes 10 is compatible on it now.

I'm actually running through the iTunes 10.app resources to see if anything has changed, resource wise...

Edit: Nothing found :(
My guess is there's another update to be pushed, or it's iTunes store related.

glitch
16th November 2010, 02:04 AM
iTunes & Twitter hookup?

Lutze
16th November 2010, 02:22 AM
iTunes & Twitter hookup?

Already been done - that was last week with 10.1 for Ping.

Thrymr
16th November 2010, 02:57 AM
So if my year 11 "foundies" calculations (which I failed by 1/2 a mark) are right, that's 12-midnight on the evening of the 16th for us backwards people of Perth.
Yay for being on the west coast!

Sorry. It's actually 11 PM in Perth. ;)

nibbles
16th November 2010, 06:09 AM
Well that came out if no where and I guess nobody thought apple would have another event this year. iOS 4.2, yes and possibly the Mac store and iWork, at least a mention of them... Cloud? Bookstore on iTunes? iTunes rename? The possibilities are endless

Edit: maybe lower pricing and longer previews in aus?

pyrite
16th November 2010, 06:15 AM
Some are thinking the four clocks with hands pointing around are meant to match the Beatles' 'Help' album cover, could be that they're finally gonna hit the store

nibbles
16th November 2010, 06:19 AM
Some are thinking the four clocks with hands pointing around are meant to match the Beatles' 'Help' album cover, could be that they're finally gonna hit the store

Aren't they just the times that it is going to be held for those places, some people read so much deeper into things than others.

gehenna
16th November 2010, 06:20 AM
People will do anything to interpret anything about iTunes to be about the Beatles.

mitty
16th November 2010, 06:27 AM
I wish people would get over The Beatles/Itunes thing. And anyone who wants the entire Beatles Back Catalogue in Electronic Format would already have it. They may not have paid for it, but they've got it.

kyte
16th November 2010, 06:29 AM
Streaming from itunes for some extra cost/monthly fee. and 4.2 for ipad

entropy
16th November 2010, 06:30 AM
Well that came out if no where and I guess nobody thought apple would have another event this year. iOS 4.2, yes and possibly the Mac store and iWork, at least a mention of them... Cloud? Bookstore on iTunes? iTunes rename? The possibilities are endless

Edit: maybe lower pricing and longer previews in aus?

This. Ios4.2 and 90 sec song previews. No more than that.

Unless they also announce iPad 2 to shift that puck just a little further along. So it is in the sales channel for thanksgiving.

BLINDER
16th November 2010, 06:30 AM
Apple has a tendency to overstate things. In this case, it's the line -"...That you'll never forget..."
How will they live up to that statement?

nibbles
16th November 2010, 06:34 AM
Apple has a tendency to overstate things. In this case, it's the line -"...That you'll never forget..."

Wednesday the 17th of November at 3am (EDT)... The day apple had a pointless event. You can remember the bad as well as the good so it could ruin our lives. lol.

muhamadoikubaru
16th November 2010, 06:52 AM
I got bored and made this. Doesn't really add much to the discussion but it looks kinda pretty :p I just hope I didn't get the time wrong.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lby1e8tosX1qa9zzro1_500.jpg

BLINDER
16th November 2010, 06:56 AM
Wednesday the 17th of November at 3am (EDT)... The day apple had a pointless event. You can remember the bad as well as the good so it could ruin our lives. lol.

Thanks for the laugh!!

mmulhern
16th November 2010, 07:11 AM
"Tomorrow is just another day that we’ll never forget"

. . . . yes, but forget Australia. California, New York, London, and Tokyo, but NO Sydney.

Thanks a bundle Stevie!

mitty
16th November 2010, 07:13 AM
Hm, I'm actually wondering if the non inclusion of other time zones means that those countries won't be getting whatever it is they're announcing (at least straight off). If it's some subscription service or something like that, what are the odds that Apple has been able to do deals with all the various labels and content providers the world over? We had to wait months for ibooks, for instance.

gehenna
16th November 2010, 07:26 AM

They could be wiping iTunes out completely and starting from scratch with a new app....that'd be pretty memorable :)

Lutze
16th November 2010, 07:40 AM
They could be wiping iTunes out completely and starting from scratch with a new app....that'd be pretty memorable :)

And very popular as well.

But the recent overhaul of the icon says no.

I think it's going to be cloud storage. Imagine being able to claim back your music, movies, books and aps from your hard drive. Now throw in wireless iTunes sync.

tcn33
16th November 2010, 07:47 AM
It'll be something iMS-related; the Beatles isn't a bad guess. Definitely not cloud storage/syncing.

decryption
16th November 2010, 07:51 AM
Maybe they're going to execute a little child, live on the Internet.
That's something I'll never forget...

Or probably just a subscription service for iTunes (YESSSSSS)

Ecto1
16th November 2010, 07:56 AM
If it is a subscription service I will stop buying my music through iTunes. I buy to own, not rent.

gehenna
16th November 2010, 07:57 AM
Subscription would be aces. I'd actually use ITMS if it were subscription based. I spend all my money on the App Store, but only rarely buy music.

mac_man_luke
16th November 2010, 07:58 AM
If it is a subscription service I will stop buying my music through iTunes. I buy to own, not rent.

I doubt they would get rid of the ability to buy, just subscription would be another option

TJA77
16th November 2010, 08:08 AM
From iClarified.com

References to an 'iTunes Live Stream' service have been found in iTunes 10.1 by the Apple Lounge.

Translation entries in a plist file included with the recently updated application contains references to an 'Tunes Live Stream URL' that could be handled by iTunes.

MacRumors also notes that a series of Tweets from @dustinrue, reveals other references to "iTunes Live Stream URL" that suggest the ability to handle "itls" as a URI scheme. This would be similar to how iTunes uses "itms" to handle requests to connect to the iTunes Store.

It's unclear what exactly 'iTunes Live Stream' is and whether or not it involves Apple's HTTP Live Streaming technology.

Apple has been teasing an exciting announcement from iTunes for tomorrow morning at 10 am EST. Stayed tuned!

ajbeardy
16th November 2010, 08:46 AM
Apple Gets Rights to Sell Digital Beatles Music - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703326204575617004052395816.html?m od=e2tw)

mrbrut
16th November 2010, 08:50 AM
I'd love to see a subscription hosted service.

Boofhead
16th November 2010, 08:51 AM
Apple TV apps is my guess. Google is going into that space hard and we know Herr Jobs has a boner for Google.

gikku
16th November 2010, 09:20 AM
As much as The Beatles are terrific, I think the day they hit iTunes maybe noteworthy at best but not especially memorable.
I mean, it's 45yo music, who doesn't already have it?
:D

I'd remember;
iTunes becoming a free file sharing service,
iTunes support for Windows Phone 7 sync
Ping becomes an email app
and perhaps, iTunes becoming a 64bit cocoa app

nbetts
16th November 2010, 09:22 AM
Why is there such a big deal over the Beatles on iTunes? You can buy all their CD's and just rip them to iTunes if you want. I really dont understand it. Its not like they are going to deliver the Beatles experience in Dolby Digital 7.1

Am i completely missing somthing here?

mjankor
16th November 2010, 09:25 AM
Why is there such a big deal over the Beatles on iTunes? You can buy all their CD's and just rip them to iTunes if you want. I really dont understand it. Its not like they are going to deliver the Beatles experience in Dolby Digital 7.1

Am i completely missing somthing here?

I think it's more the symbol, rather than the fact.

tom5955
16th November 2010, 10:20 AM
Hm, I'm actually wondering if the non inclusion of other time zones means that those countries won't be getting whatever it is they're announcing (at least straight off). If it's some subscription service or something like that, what are the odds that Apple has been able to do deals with all the various labels and content providers the world over? We had to wait months for ibooks, for instance.

I don't think its not coming to AU. Just checked the HK website as a test and they are still on the MBA homepage, so they are only showing it in certain countries.

I really hope its actually something we won't forget. iOS 4.2 will be forgotten as soon as 4.3 is released. Paid unlimited music streaming like Spotify in Europe would be awesome.

SRG
16th November 2010, 10:23 AM
I will go with left field, the Beatles announcement will be part of it as the WSJ is nearly the same as Apple PR these days.

However a intriguing thought might be the purchase of a content creater such as MGM from bankrupty. This would be a huge shake up to the industry if Apple owned a studio and therefore could feed content into the iTunes eco system.

They certainly have deep enough pockets to run one and it woudl pressure the other studio's to play ball with iTunes.

Steeley
16th November 2010, 10:40 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they said, "We've rebuilt iTunes from the ground up in Cocoa". And then we all get lemonade.

scar68
16th November 2010, 10:42 AM
I really really hope it is more than just The Beatles.

I am not interested in a cloud or subscription based service at all but others are and that's all fine by me.

Remember kids, the Beatles are only 2 bullets away from a reunion. (I joke I joke)

Ecto1
16th November 2010, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if they said, "We've rebuilt iTunes from the ground up in Cocoa". And then we all get lemonade.

I doubt they would rebuild iTunes only days after 10.1 went live. Would of been better if they hold of 10.1 till tomorrow.

feeze
16th November 2010, 11:37 AM
It would have to be the Beatles.

As John Gruber pointed out, anything like cloud services, streaming services etc would warrant a media event with a demo.

snowman
16th November 2010, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=feeze;1055235]It would have to be the Beatles.
QUOTE]

I agree - I seem to remember a Beatles song with Paul singing "it's just another dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy" - cant find the song title though grrrr lol

Edit, damn it's a Wings song, not Beatles. Oh well, there goes that speculation! lol

Japester
16th November 2010, 12:01 PM
It wont be an event--no invites. Not iOS4, because we already have a release date for that--"Nov.". Could be a branding change. If the Beatles arrive, I could see a splash on the iTunes Store home page, but not a website home page announcement. I think it heralds a structural change, a potential rebranding.

scottgrot
16th November 2010, 12:17 PM
I haven't seen this much excitement since the opening of the Sydney Apple Store.

Also, how long has the background of the apple website been speckledy?

I would love to think that apple will release a television. They would buy MGM. And that they would become an internet and/or mobile provider.

I think realistically (or maybe I am hoping) that itunes will go back to being a simple music player. And that another app -- iManage? -- will come into play to manage all the idevices.

EDIT:
Just reading the email from Apple, all the product names are a and shiny metallic type font. Ooooo

Japester
16th November 2010, 12:20 PM
Asteroid--we'll release it when we're good and ready, beatches!

Ecto1
16th November 2010, 12:24 PM
Rebranding of iTunes to what? iPlayer or maybe iplay X. If that's the case rebranding of the store to the iStore would be on the cards as well.

aussiedeano
16th November 2010, 12:29 PM
There's an article in the Herald Sun saying that Apple has now obtained the rights to distribute their music. And that the announcement tomorrow will be about that. So pretty boring really. Who doesn't have Beatles music in their iTunes?

Vojtin
16th November 2010, 12:58 PM
Who doesn't have Beatles music in their iTunes?

Me and don't want.

I think we will see streaming music for 20USD per month, but I do not know how it would work if you want to listen it on your iDevices.

tom5955
16th November 2010, 01:30 PM
Anything most people have come up with doesn't really warrant the whole never forgetting thing. I mean, we all know Apple likes to over dramatise stuff, but thats pretty big sounding. Beatles = boring. Music/Movies streaming would be great, but problem is people here (in Australia) don't have huge internet allowances. People won't want to waste what they have on streaming everything. And iOS devices - well they have even less data allowance, those that have 3G.

adamd
16th November 2010, 01:36 PM
Sorry. It's actually 11 PM in Perth. ;)

You've got to be joking... No wonder I'm always an hour late to everything...

They've made that many agreements in the last 10 years, surely they're getting better at it?

How about Cocoa flavoured Lemonade?

Rayd
16th November 2010, 01:37 PM
Fuck I hate the beetles...

mitty
16th November 2010, 01:38 PM
Macrumors basically confirms that it's The Beatles as apparently the New York Times and The Wall Street Journal have published articles about it.

More Speculation for Tomorrow: Beatles on iTunes [Updated] - Mac Rumors (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/15/more-speculation-for-tomorrow-beatles-on-itunes/)

Mountaineer
16th November 2010, 01:42 PM
Here are a few ideas - karaoke, voice control song selection, retina map security, gestural control interface, AI something or other, mind control of interface, spirograph visualizer, run apps in iTunes on any platform, integration with Garage Band, Bluetooth links to popular coffee makers, lava lamp server integration, Flash integration and 3D!!!!!

TheKeddi
16th November 2010, 01:55 PM
I don't "get" the whole Beatles thing, who cares if they are on iTunes or not? if you have not already gotten them yourself off the net then you have imported your own CD's.

What's all the hullabaloo about???

macaholic
16th November 2010, 01:59 PM
"iTunes" is now a misnomer.
Perhaps it will be retitled: iAV

adamd
16th November 2010, 01:59 PM
I don't "get" the whole Beatles thing, who cares if they are on iTunes or not? if you have not already gotten them yourself off the net then you have imported your own CD's.

What's all the hullabaloo about???

I agree, any real fan of an artist will have their music regardless of where it's available (or in this case, not).

If you're a true Beatles fan, you'll have the vinyl and the CDs.

How about me Me? I have some Beatles songs, but in all honesty I couldn't care less if they're on iTMS or not...
I'm more after a subscription music service :)

EDIT:
"iTunes" is now a misnomer.
Perhaps it will be retitled: iAV

New icon time?

craigc
16th November 2010, 02:04 PM
If all this hype is just for the addition of Beatles to iTunes, I would have to say that Apple will look pretty stupid.

gmask1
16th November 2010, 02:17 PM
Assuming that it's The Beatles, perhaps it's the way that the music is being packaged. Beatles flavored iPods, live or rare recordings, iTunes LP with video, wallpapers and booklets. The whole shooting match.

Personally, I just want iOS 4.2 for the iPad. After that, maybe a rearranged app store with subcategories for the iPad, improved searching in the iTunes store, wireless sync, in-iTunes ability to turn off iPod/iPad backups. I don't need subscription music, and I bought The Beatles collection on cd.

Last, maybe a rebrand as others have suggested. iMedia, iCenter, iMyStuff, iDon'tReallyKnow...

Minkey
16th November 2010, 02:45 PM
FWIW McCartneys tour schedule seems to have a break mid week:

Thursday 11th November - River Plate Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Sunday 21st November - Morumbi Stadium Sao Paulo, Brazil

That said, there's no media event is there?

This is all kinda odd, what is SO big I'm "never going to forget" yet no big enough to warrant a live announcement.

Now it's becoming a riddle.

crayonsresturant
16th November 2010, 02:56 PM
subscription model?

Stez
16th November 2010, 03:19 PM
It's The Beatles. Can't be anything that would warrant an iTunes software update, so that cancels out most things. Also, MacRumours has received reports from Wall Street Journal that Apple have indeed struck a deal with The Beatles. Not really that exciting though.

tom5955
16th November 2010, 03:22 PM
It's The Beatles. Can't be anything that would warrant an iTunes software update, so that cancels out most things. Also, MacRumours has received reports from Wall Street Journal that Apple have indeed struck a deal with The Beatles. Not really that exciting though.

That in no way warrants the "that you'll never forget". Would be really disappointing if that was it.

nibbles
16th November 2010, 03:27 PM
a day I won't forget? they way it's sounding the reason I won't forget it is because it will be the day apple got me excited for nothing. So there is no live anything? or is steve going to do a video release somewhere in Apple HQ with no live audience? I really hope it's more than just bloody Beatles, who give a shit as said earlier. I am stumped on what is going to happen, whatever it is it had better be BIG!

Stez
16th November 2010, 03:27 PM
That in no way warrants the "that you'll never forget". Would be really disappointing if that was it.

Yeah I know but sources are backing it up now and I don't really know what they can add that ''we'll never forget'' without a software update. It has to be The Beatles. Even the clocks match their ''HELP!'' album art. If it wasn't it Apple would have avoided such a coincidence. Oh, and since when does Apple give us the times for these things in some major cities? It HAS to be it.

Stez
16th November 2010, 03:29 PM
a day I won't forget? they way it's sounding the reason I won't forget it is because it will be the day apple got me excited for nothing. So there is no live anything? or is steve going to do a video release somewhere in Apple HQ with no live audience? I really hope it's more than just bloody Beatles, who give a shit as said earlier. I am stumped on what is going to happen, whatever it is it had better be BIG!

I agree 100%. Yeah the Beatles are pretty big but seriously if you gave a shit you would have had all their music digitally already. Whether it be ripped from CD or other not so legal means.

Shaun R
16th November 2010, 04:01 PM
Damn, stupid exams. Otherwise I'd stay up for 2am!! :@

The clocks *kinda* match thee Beatles "Help" album... Not exactly (Well at least not on the Wikipedia page...)

We can only guess about what is to come, really. Personally, I want iTunes 10.2 or 11 rebuilt from the ground up in 64-bit Cocoa, iOS 4.2, WiFi sync. I could care less for subscription (though I know many would love it), but streaming would be an awesome addition, too.

happyfrogcow
16th November 2010, 04:18 PM
anyone else noticed that almost everything on the apple online store now has 1-3 days wait for shipping up from within 24hrs yesterday?

nibbles
16th November 2010, 04:19 PM
Damn, stupid exams. Otherwise I'd stay up for 2am!! :@

The clocks *kinda* match thee Beatles "Help" album... Not exactly (Well at least not on the Wikipedia page...)

We can only guess about what is to come, really. Personally, I want iTunes 10.2 or 11 rebuilt from the ground up in 64-bit Cocoa, iOS 4.2, WiFi sync. I could care less for subscription (though I know many would love it), but streaming would be an awesome addition, too.

The clocks look very little like the album cover, only one time actually matches up but then again why does the US have 2 clocks?

dotnet
16th November 2010, 04:20 PM
If all this hype is just for the addition of Beatles to iTunes, I would have to say that Apple will look pretty stupid.

I'll say. Anyone wanting Beatles tracks in their iTunes library will have them by now.

I'd love free MobileMe for all iTunes account holders. That would be something to crow about!

Cheers
Steffen.

mitty
16th November 2010, 04:30 PM
Okay here you go: Every ipod/iphone/ipad sold from today forward will include the entire Beatles Back Catalogue pre-loaded, kind of like that U2 one from a while back ;)

kyte
16th November 2010, 04:36 PM
Okay here you go: Every ipod/iphone/ipad sold from today forward will include the entire Beatles Back Catalogue pre-loaded, kind of like that U2 one from a while back ;)

Ya know, I was a Beatles fan once: when I was 14. Having a preloaded iPod would probably guarantee that I would not buy it. I doubt that would sell *any* ipods. gawd.

Granny Mac
16th November 2010, 04:39 PM
The beatles is my era and I was/am a fan of their music but having said that, I think iTunes getting their music is no big deal.
Yes, put an annoucment on the store but an event you will never forget, please! I just don't think they are that relevant any more, I think ACDC would create more interest.
If this is all that it's about, then talk about over hype even by apples standards

BowieNIN
16th November 2010, 04:44 PM
Speculating here. But what if it's beetles release but also they allow applelossless versions or an even higher quality format like 5.1 mixes.... That would be big for the digital download business and pretty much kill all hard media.

Anthonyw
16th November 2010, 05:05 PM
I'd buy lossless tracks. It's the reason I still often buy albums. Can rip compressed for iPhone, lossless for home use.

melbmac
16th November 2010, 05:22 PM
It's going to be a G5 iPod, with a built in blueray player and USB 3.0.

Stez
16th November 2010, 06:43 PM
The clocks look very little like the album cover, only one time actually matches up but then again why does the US have 2 clocks?

The clocks don't match because the other three people aren't showing times that the event would be for anywhere in the world.

nibbles
16th November 2010, 07:13 PM
yeah but it might not be planned that clock 3 is set to the same time as in the album help because apple always hold their events on 10am PST (or whatever it is). Whatever it is it can wait until 7am for me to find out.

EDIT: Here I am reading a bit further into "something you'll never forget", it almost makes sense to say that it could be some kind of syncing or cloud because it may mean you'll never have to remember to sync your devices again. Part of the idea came from 9 to 5 mac, just thought i'd share below for those who may not have seen some of it.

“..You’ll never forget” seems to indicate some sort of cloud backup of data. Perhaps music and video from iTunes in the cloud?

Apple “clouded its website background”

Minkey
16th November 2010, 07:48 PM
Holy crap I've got it.

The clue is in the clocks.

It's a fix for the daylight savings bug on the iPhone.

Phew now we can all go to bed.

M

cejay
16th November 2010, 08:32 PM
The AU page is now also updated with the same information. So whatever it is, we'll get it.

jeremy_warnock
16th November 2010, 09:32 PM
just curious - anyone else's appletv v2 that was working this morning now not connecting to home share no matter what you do? could be steaming?? could also be apps on atv??

does anyone care bout the beatles now?

jack112006
16th November 2010, 09:53 PM
just curious - anyone else's appletv v2 that was working this morning now not connecting to home share no matter what you do? could be steaming?? could also be apps on atv??

does anyone care bout the beatles now?

Mine had that issue last night... rebooted it and it was all good... Back on topic, I think very few people understand just how massive The Beatles coming to iTunes is. First and foremost, this is a massive win for iTunes. Being the only place on the web you can legitimately purchase Beatles tracks is a huge point over other services. Secondly, this is going to generate a lot of revenue. I believe that the only reason EMI agreed to this deal is that they are really in the shitter from a financial perspective. I'm certain that The Beatles will shoot to the top of iTunes, and Apple will gain some cash from this, even if its not that much.

Finally, this is a massive personal win for Steve Jobs. If it was AC/DC jumping on to iTunes, it wouldn't get anywhere near this much attention. But Steve is a massive fan of The Beatles and that's why it's going to get so much marketing attention from Apple. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the last time Apple dedicated their whole page to one thing was with iPad. Steve definitely think this is big.

Apple will get a lot of attention from this. Even now, when it's still just a rumour, its getting to the front page of the New York Times. Imagine when its official. It will be wild. This has been probably the longest term rumour related to Apple, and it's finally official. Who knows, we might finally see a new silhouette ad with the Fab Four :)

coranda
16th November 2010, 10:01 PM
I fear that those of us waiting/hoping for more news than The Beatles on iTunes will be disappointed. I hope I'm wrong, but everything seems to be pointing to that as being what is to be announced. Personally, I don't see it as being that memorable. I like The Beatles but I have everything they have ever released on CD (and much of it on vinyl).

It may just be that this is a much bigger deal to Jobs than it is to the rest of us. After all, he has been chasing this for years. In addition, the fights over who had the rights to the name Apple means much more to him. If my memory serves me correctly (which at my age it may not) the original agreement with Apple Corps was that Apple Computer could use the name so long as they didn't get involved in the music industry. :-)

jeremy_warnock
16th November 2010, 10:14 PM
I do agree most of us will be disappointed. Could very well the beatles but i am one who cant stand them and will be happy to forget the event, if the event is nothing but that, but then again most of the apple announcements of late have been very lacking with that in mind your right it must be the beatles

cejay
16th November 2010, 10:21 PM
I do agree most of us will be disappointed. Could very well the beatles but i am one who cant stand them and will be happy to forget the event, if the event is nothing but that, but then again most of the apple announcements of late have been very lacking with that in mind your right it must be the beatles

But you won't forget that you forgot....

And just as Apple always do, we're all talking about their products and all in the lead up to Xmas.

sirstaunch
16th November 2010, 10:37 PM
http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/b21.png?w=630&h=290

http://tctechcrunch.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/b.jpg?w=630&h=616

Doesn't look like George is doing 7 O'Clock to me, the closest to any of the clocks is Pauls 3 O'Clock.

It will be a FULL LET DOWN if it's a Beatles release after all this hype.

samuel
16th November 2010, 10:53 PM
Massive disappointment for lots of people if it's just the Beatles albums getting released to iTunes (besides you'd think if Steve was a REAL fan he'd have the band name not autocorrect to beetles..)

It wouldn't be a surprise if they rename iTunes to "iStore".. which would be a lame name, but hey Apple has a record for naming things terribly - remember all the uproar about the iPad?

That's just my 2 cents..

yinyang
17th November 2010, 12:37 AM
well looks like the Beatles is now on iTunes....

http://img.skitch.com/20101116-gdyhk2t9pe5iyy83ya87f2ynse.preview.jpg (https://skitch.com/yinyang/ryusp/itunes)Click for large view (https://skitch.com/yinyang/ryusp/itunes) - Uploaded with Skitch (http://skitch.com)

NinjaCatfish
17th November 2010, 12:42 AM
I can confirm, The Beatles are now on iTunes.
I hope it's more than this being announced :\

Also holy shite, $35 per album!
Individual songs cost twice as much as any other song. I guess this is what they had to do to please the other Apple.

GlossyMac
17th November 2010, 12:43 AM
Gee, what an exciting thing to be excited about.. It's the Beetles. Well done for hyping us up for nothing, Apple!

GlossyMac

icant
17th November 2010, 12:47 AM
Just a heads up that I'm not bothered by the hype or if it's "just" the Beatles.

jeremy_warnock
17th November 2010, 12:47 AM
another wasted announcement. Time for Steve to step down and let someone with less personal interests run the company

yinyang
17th November 2010, 12:48 AM
I
Also holy shite, $35 per album!
Individual songs cost twice as much as any other song. I guess this is what they had to do to please the other Apple.

Some of the double albums are $35, but the rest are $21.

And the box set is cheaper than in shops - JB still sells the Stereo Remasters for $299.

Luckily I got the Mono Remasters ;)

As nice as iTunes LP maybe for this particular set, there is NOTHING that beats the feel and care devoted to the packaging of the Remasters. They're like the LPs themselves, but in a smaller form. It's a delight to pull them out every now and then :D

alan7948
17th November 2010, 12:49 AM
dude i dbt its only the beatles announcement, they wouldnt make the whole homepage jst for the beatles.... 11 more mins

Thrymr
17th November 2010, 01:03 AM
Judging from Apple's updated homepage, it really is just The Beatles.

Wow.

alan7948
17th November 2010, 01:03 AM
u are correct... worst update ever.

grorr76
17th November 2010, 01:05 AM
Fantastic the beatles finally on itunes long time coming all I can say is caching let the piles of money start flowing .

Apple - The Beatles on iTunes (http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/)

adamd
17th November 2010, 01:17 AM
It's going to be a G5 iPod, with a built in blueray player and USB 3.0.

You forgot Lightpeak and Flash..

... If my memory serves me correctly (which at my age it may not) the original agreement with Apple Corps was that Apple Computer could use the name so long as they didn't get involved in the music industry. :-)

That is correct, and Steve being Steve jumped into iTunes asap :)

Also, this is quite a good short read... Sosumi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosumi)

yinyang
17th November 2010, 01:19 AM
i do like that picture of The Beatles that's being used on the Apple homepage....

grorr76
17th November 2010, 01:21 AM
why dont you like the picture I personally think its cool. It was taken in the abbey road period .

yinyang
17th November 2010, 01:23 AM
why dont you like the picture I personally think its cool. It was taken in the abbey road period .

i said "I do like..." ;)

Lockley
17th November 2010, 01:28 AM
Beatle Mania!

yinyang
17th November 2010, 01:29 AM
From the Press Release (http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/11/16itunes.html)...

“I am particularly glad to no longer be asked when the Beatles are coming to iTunes,” said Ringo Starr.

adamd
17th November 2010, 01:31 AM
Holy crap, that was quick... Apple Corps v Apple Computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps_v._Apple_Computer)

Back2Bedlam
17th November 2010, 01:42 AM
another wasted announcement. Time for Steve to step down and let someone with less personal interests run the company

I agree, maybe it's time for the 'Buddhist' to reflect on his agenda at Apple.

sirstaunch
17th November 2010, 01:49 AM
Yep Ok, Disapointed, but it did get people hyped up I guess, excellent publicity stunt in one way. Everyones eyes on the Apple Home Page at once. Some will walk away, some will look into the ITMS and others would probably surf the Apple web site for a bit and perhaps think about going Mac. So in other words, this is a day we won't forget, Apple got us all excited over nothing LOL

adamd
17th November 2010, 01:49 AM
I agree, maybe it's time for the 'Buddhist' to reflect on his agenda at Apple.

Sure, I may not be a die-hard fan of the Beatles, but I agree this is a bit of an occasion, maybe not so much as Apple have hyped it up to be.
The arguments and law suits between Apple (Computer) Inc and Apple Corps have been going on for around 30 years. Finally settling a deal and moving on from this is something that should be celebrated by both companies.

grorr76
17th November 2010, 02:01 AM
Whether you love or loath the Beatles this is still a huge deal in a music industry thats on a slow death to finally get a band of the Beatles name after all the business thats gone on is a huge coup and a major achievement for El jobso. I understand also why a lot of people have said big deal boring also, but this announcement wasn't aimed at the gadget geek, who after the latest hardware. I personally would like to also see the bbc , and anthology albums there to .

Vojtin
17th November 2010, 02:02 AM
what what? Just Beatles? It is lame apple, haha. The old crap and you are doing like it is a miracle.

Lutze
17th November 2010, 02:30 AM
To those of you who are pouting like spoilt kids in a candy store - stop behaving like kids.

To most of us this is a pretty lame announcement. We all get that.

I think that the ones who are bitching and moaning about it are missing the historical side of things. Sure, Steve likes the Beatles. But that's not what makes this a big deal.

It's the bit that's been eating at Steve (possibly even both Steve's) for the last 30 years. They both know that they trod where they shouldn't have. I don't think that it was intended quite the way it was - though I would bet that in a private moment SJ would have said it was meant to flatter.

Apple Inc., Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr can now move on with their lives without the worlds most inane, boring and pointless question being asked when Apple hold a press conference.

I'd also bet my breakfast that Apple had to do things this way to keep that bloody woman quiet and get this tied off.

crankyfranky
17th November 2010, 03:45 AM
what what? Just Beatles? It is lame apple, haha. The old crap and you are doing like it is a miracle.

FFS!! Talk about over-hyping... Over nuthin'...

Biggest let-down ever... I defintely won't forget that...:angry::angry:

Back2Bedlam
17th November 2010, 03:57 AM
FFS!! Talk about over-hyping... Over nuthin'...

Biggest let-down ever... I defintely won't forget that...:angry::angry:

All washed up here in the UK, with the announcement of the engagement of Prince William to Kate Middleton. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11766661)

sirstaunch
17th November 2010, 04:30 AM
iPads iTunes Store front page

http://img.skitch.com/20101116-q7gfgek9wtjx5y4bt4ng8p4q7t.jpg

Houdini
17th November 2010, 05:12 AM
All washed up here in the UK, with the announcement of the engagement of Prince William to Kate Middleton. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11766661)

Ahh Kate, getting married for the $$$, maybe both of them should listen to The Beatles now...

BLINDER
17th November 2010, 05:20 AM
I just opened up Apple's homepage - give me strength!!
Beyond over-hyped.

lostom
17th November 2010, 05:32 AM
what was the announcement about, i forgot already.
what a crock.
when i logged to the apple home page i thought it was hacked, someone put 4 old hippy blokes on there.

mitty
17th November 2010, 05:41 AM
If anyone from Mactalk actually pays for any Beatles music on the iTunes store, I'd love to know why.

craigc
17th November 2010, 05:43 AM
I think that it was a mistake to hype something that is so trivial. Next time they try to build excitement, I think many people will be more wary. It isn't worth hurting your credibility for some cheap short term marketing tricks.

It is 6.41 am, and I jumped out of bed to see what the announcement was about. I am going back to bed, and I am sure I will have forgotten about it by the time I wake up.

6andy6
17th November 2010, 05:56 AM
To those of you who are pouting like spoilt kids in a candy store - stop behaving like kids.

To most of us this is a pretty lame announcement. We all get that.

I think that the ones who are bitching and moaning about it are missing the historical side of things. Sure, Steve likes the Beatles. But that's not what makes this a big deal.

Got to admire ....there are always those that no matter what was done would put a positive spin or at the very least be the mouth piece for Apple..

gehenna
17th November 2010, 05:58 AM
Yes for some it's trivial. For others like my father-in-law who is a Beatles fanatic and has all their stuff on vinyl, this is a way for him to legitimately go digital with that collection without needing to fart-arse around with conversion techniques. He can't be the only one in the world in this situation, and Apple have a habit of appealing to the general market when it comes to iTunes.

So while it may not fit in with most MacTalker's idea of a memorable announcement, that's not to say it's not a big deal for a massive number of consumers out there.

Got to admire ....there are always those that no matter what was done would put a positive spin or at the very least be the mouth piece for Apple..

Just because Lutze can articulate common sense and facts in his posts doesn't make him a zealot. I'm pretty sure I've seen him criticize Apple with the best of us, depending on the situation.

mitty
17th November 2010, 06:09 AM
In my opinion if you can prove you own a Beatles Album on vinyl then you should get the download for free.

gehenna
17th November 2010, 06:11 AM
In my opinion if you can prove you own a Beatles Album on vinyl then you should get the download for free.

That's an interesting point. Would that apply to all the music you own on physical media though?

melbmac
17th November 2010, 06:28 AM
Way, way, way over-hyped in my opinion.

Just got an email from Dad, sees he doesn't agree...

mitty
17th November 2010, 06:33 AM
That's an interesting point. Would that apply to all the music you own on physical media though?

Yes, of course.

Stez
17th November 2010, 06:38 AM
Have a cry everyone. Honestly what did you expect, I feel sorry for the people who stayed up for this. Everything pointed to the Beatles, so really, one announcement on the homepage isn't really overhyped.

Minkey
17th November 2010, 07:32 AM
...one announcement on the homepage isn't really overhyped.

+1

As usual it's the fans and the Media that create the hype while Apple sit back and go, "that was cheap".

M

mitty
17th November 2010, 07:33 AM
Has anyone considered that Apple did this to piss us off, so that they can surprise us with something awesome later on? Something so awesome that we'll all go "all is forgiven now here have more of my hard earned cash for gadget x".

brian_g
17th November 2010, 07:43 AM
If anyone from Mactalk actually pays for any Beatles music on the iTunes store, I'd love to know why.

The Beatles on my iPod are ripped from the original CD set, so the quality isn't the best.

I want to know first why in the US its $150 for the boxset and in Australia its $259 yet our currency is supposed to be near parity...

Who wants to ask Steve that?

LeeLee
17th November 2010, 07:45 AM
Seriously, Apple was right, today is a day i'll never forget. it's the first time in my short lived mac career that i've been completely and utterly let down.

it's Apples "WTF" moment.

woofy
17th November 2010, 07:50 AM
The Beatles on my iPod are ripped from the original CD set, so the quality isn't the best.

I want to know first why in the US its $150 for the boxset and in Australia its $259 yet our currency is supposed to be near parity...

Who wants to ask Steve that?

Because the record companies here still have a bigger ability to screw us over, just like the book industry.

grfxninja
17th November 2010, 07:53 AM
+1

As usual it's the fans and the Media that create the hype while Apple sit back and go, "that was cheap".

M

+1

Few words added to the apple homepage by some intern: $50
Image of “Fab Four” added to site a day later by same intern: $50
Copyright fees for image: $???
Marketing hype created by websites, blogs and general apple fans around the world expecting big things: $Priceless…

On the other side, I just bought Mum an iPod for her birthday. She is a rabid Beatles fan, so I imagine this will be one of her first iTunes store purchases :)

decryption
17th November 2010, 07:54 AM
Changing apple.com for this was lame, but I guess it means a lot to Steve.

Upside, the CD box set is US$130 up on Amazon: Amazon.com: The Beatles Mono Box Set: The Beatles: Music (http://www.amazon.com/Beatles-Mono-Box-Set/dp/B002BSHXJA/ref=pd_sim_m_1)

Only US$6 for delivery to Australia. So AU$145 all up including credit card currency FX fees.

$114 less than buying it off iTunes.

Dust For Eyes
17th November 2010, 08:07 AM
Add me to the list who thinks Apple weren't the ones doing doing the over-hyping.

No-one's mentioned iTunes LP. All of the Beatles albums that I checked have it. That's new content that's no-one's seen or heard before. It's certainly got me curious, but I don't think it would put me over the edge to buy them. Has anyone heard what the LP content is? Interviews? Videos? Interesting little transition stuff?

nbetts
17th November 2010, 08:12 AM
Apple just Jumped The Shark

Houdini
17th November 2010, 08:20 AM
i hate Ono, he is a dirty B....

..on the other note, can Apple these days surprise its followers?

johnq
17th November 2010, 08:39 AM
Interesting to see the box set on the US store is US$149 while on the Australian store it's A$259. Looks a lot like EMI Australia are greedy. Better to buy the CD box set from Amazon for US$129, ship 'em and RIP 'em. Save about A$100 and have a backup set!

MrJesseRoss
17th November 2010, 08:40 AM
Add me to the list who thinks Apple weren't the ones doing doing the over-hyping.

No-one's mentioned iTunes LP. All of the Beatles albums that I checked have it. That's new content that's no-one's seen or heard before. It's certainly got me curious, but I don't think it would put me over the edge to buy them. Has anyone heard what the LP content is? Interviews? Videos? Interesting little transition stuff?

I haven't had a look at the LP extras, but I'd assume they're just the extras that were included on the first run of the 2009 remasters. Little 'making of' shorts for each album.

I don't get the hate that everyone's spewing towards Apple. All they did was change the homepage as a teaser for a special announcement. Sure there was a great bit of hyperbole used, but surely we're used to that by now? This is Apple we're talking about here. If it were something bigger than 'The Beatles are on iTunes', like a new piece of tech or a cloud-based streaming service, there would have been an actual event held with invited guests and a presentation from Jobs. He's a salesman, he'd want to show off the new product himself, not just let everyone figure it out for themselves online.

This was pretty much a 'we did it!' announcement. The Beatles were the highest-profile band not on iTunes, pretty much because of all the history between the two Apples, and it's been one of those rumours that's existed since the iTunes Store opened. They've finally come to an agreement, and that deserves a bit more than their music just appearing in the store one morning.

They're The Freaking Beatles. They made rock music the way it is today. They were the biggest band in the world. They've influenced so many bands over the last 40+ years. If anyone should get a special announcement, it's them.

gehenna
17th November 2010, 08:42 AM
They're The Freaking Beatles

True indeed. They gave Ubloody2 a custom iPod...the least they can do is give the Beatles some space on the front page :)

foovo
17th November 2010, 09:40 AM
Is it possible to download the 2 videos on the Beatles page or can you only play them from iTunes? Also, it would be nice to see the Mono versions, the Live at the BBC, the Anthology and Let It Be Naked albums up there - the "get the entire catalogue with one click" line is not strictly true.

Vojtin
17th November 2010, 10:41 AM
my 2c, it was over-hyped because Steve spent years to bring The Beatles to the iTunes, and he is happy now :-)

marc
17th November 2010, 10:49 AM

Eh?

If you can prove you have the floppy discs for Photoshop 1.0, you should be able to download CS5 for free.

Changing apple.com for this was lame, but I guess it means a lot to Steve.

My guess is that it was part of the deal to get The Beatles across the line. It's something Apple haven't done for any other artist before. That may have played up to their egos.

gehenna
17th November 2010, 11:00 AM
Eh?

If you can prove you have the floppy discs for Photoshop 1.0, you should be able to download CS5 for free.

That's hardly the same though. Sure if you have floppy discs for Photoshop 1.0 you should get a free digital download of Photoshop 1.0 :) I think Mitty means like for like....

Sure it's untenable, but I still think it's an interesting point.

marc
17th November 2010, 11:18 AM

But the vinyl version isn't the same as the digital one. It may be based on the same original recording, but it will have been mastered differently (has to be) and may have other completely different components, like iTunes LP, which wasn't part of the initial purchase.

I have absolutely no problem with:
- If you buy an LP, you get an LP.
- If you buy a CD, you get a CD.
- If you buy on iTunes, you get a digital download.
- If you want to an LP or CD in iTunes, you can convert things yourself.

No one's forcing anyone to rebuy.

And as for the Photoshop example (which I agree was a bit of a stretch): My point was that you might consider the vinyl to be v1.0, but the digital downloads have had many features added and been remastered and improved. It's no longer v1.0. It's a completely updated version.

Dust For Eyes
17th November 2010, 11:24 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/11/500x_itunesannouncement10.jpg

From here (http://bajillionhits.biz/post/1582072830/10-things-apple-will-probably-announce-that-i-just-made)

joshodermatt
17th November 2010, 12:50 PM
It does mean a lot for Apple, but personally I don't believe that it should be on the Apple Start Page when for examples Safari loads.

It's a great event sure but not amazing. And anyway I'm 17 and not so much interested in The Beatles to be perfectly honest.

dracomjb
17th November 2010, 12:53 PM
Seems like the hype was generated by everyone but Apple. There was no media event, there was no pre-announcement a week or more in advance. Just a notice to get people to check iTunes at a specific point.

Yes it's a big deal, one of the biggest bands ever to exist is now available on the worlds largest online music service. Not everyone has the originals, not everyone wants to buy CDs. Some people enjoy all kinds of different music, just because you think it's old, dated and not worth listening to doesn't mean everyone your age thinks the same.

Until the re-mastered box sets were released, I would have purchased Beatles albums via iTunes. I purchase most of my music that way now. When the remastered box sets were released I couldn't go past the limited edition Mono box set, especially how each CD is packaged like the original LP, with album cover, sleeve, artwork everything. It was worth the price for just that.

The hype is primarily generated by Apple watchers, Apple fanatics and the media that get advertising hits from people accessing their websites (or buying their newspapers). If this had been announced in the same way as the iPhone was announced, then I'd say it was over-hyped. Not this though.

mitty
17th November 2010, 01:09 PM
Pffft. Put Bucks Fizz on the front page and then you'll be my business, Steve.

lavo
17th November 2010, 02:37 PM
The big positive for Apple to come out of this announcement (bar the end of all the legal too-ing and fro-ing between the two companies), is that now you pretty much have no reason to walk into a physical record store. Well, bar price and the inconvenience of having to rip CDs. This deal could cement iTunes as the place to buy music. In a way its sad....I loved spending hours wandering through Tower Records in Boston years ago. 3 levels, thousands upon thousands of CDs and box sets. I think they went bust a few years back.

As for those who got sucked into the hype, whoopdedoo lol. As others have said, *big* announcements have press days. If you don't see an invite, don't get all excited ;)

Stez
17th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Said it last page, and I'll say it this page. It's the Beatles, what did you expect it had to be music because they weren't going to update iTunes two days after 10.1. All rumour sites said Beatles. Stop pretending you were let down you knew full well what you were thinking staying up until 2AM for an announcement on the home page. I only do it for one or two keynotes a year.

marc
17th November 2010, 03:32 PM

Another thought: Authenticating your evidence that you own The Beatles catalogue on vinyl would probably require more work at Apple's end than the actual profit on a sale of a digital download of their collection.

The idea is so insanely ridiculous that anyone deserves a free new thing because they bought an old (different) thing. They could allow it, but it's definitely up to the copyright owner to make a call like that. It's certainly not something that should be a right.

Maybe EMI/Apple should allow it, with one proviso: You have to go to EMI HQ in London to collect a coupon, then take it to Cupertino to redeem it.

sirstaunch
17th November 2010, 03:34 PM
Well I'm glad I don't live in the US, especially if they are going to flood us with ads about it Apple - The Beatles on iTunes (http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/) But who knows, Australia may adopt the ad to rub it in LOL

dotnet
17th November 2010, 04:51 PM
Well I'm glad I don't live in the US, especially if they are going to flood us with ads about it Apple - The Beatles on iTunes (http://www.apple.com/the-beatles/) But who knows, Australia may adopt the ad to rub it in LOL

But who knows? The Australian Apple site has had the Beatles pasted all over it, exactly like the US site. From the first minute on.

If I were actually interested in buying Beatles music from the iTunes store I'd prefer to live in US where they only charge half as much for the box set as in AU.

Cheers
Steffen.

gehenna
17th November 2010, 05:06 PM
Another thought: Authenticating your evidence that you own The Beatles catalogue on vinyl would probably require more work at Apple's end than the actual profit on a sale of a digital download of their collection.

The idea is so insanely ridiculous that anyone deserves a free new thing because they bought an old (different) thing. They could allow it, but it's definitely up to the copyright owner to make a call like that. It's certainly not something that should be a right.

Maybe EMI/Apple should allow it, with one proviso: You have to go to EMI HQ in London to collect a coupon, then take it to Cupertino to redeem it.

It wasn't my idea, I just think it's interesting - but it would never work ;)

Dust For Eyes
17th November 2010, 07:18 PM
Enough of the hyperbole, anyone actually buy anything?

will
17th November 2010, 07:28 PM
Beatles? Who was they?

MrJesseRoss
17th November 2010, 07:52 PM

Yep. I bought Let It Be. It's the only post-Rubber Soul Beatles album I don't have on cd.

grorr76
17th November 2010, 09:07 PM
for those who think the beatles on itunes will be a flop take a gander at this not bad for less than 24 hrs of sales.

The Beatles are a quarter of the top 200 songs on iTunes | 9 to 5 Mac The Beatles are a quarter of the top 200 songs on iTunes | Apple Intelligence (http://www.9to5mac.com/36076/the-beatles-are-a-quarter-of-the-top-200-songs-on-itunes)

Dust For Eyes
17th November 2010, 09:09 PM
Interesting boost for Amazon there as well. I'm sure Amazon appreciate the free marketing.

brian_g
17th November 2010, 09:29 PM

If you look in the top 100 albums on iTunes - every album is there. Not too bad for a band that broke up the year before I was born ;)

I'm thinking of setting up a US iTunes account to get the boxset for $150

As for the younger generation - my daughter is 12 and just spent 15 minutes watching the videos with me

I'd say yes

adamd
18th November 2010, 01:26 AM
...I don't get the hate that everyone's spewing towards Apple. All they did was change the homepage as a teaser for a special announcement. Sure there was a great bit of hyperbole used, but surely we're used to that by now? This is Apple we're talking about here. If it were something bigger than 'The Beatles are on iTunes', like a new piece of tech or a cloud-based streaming service, there would have been an actual event held with invited guests and a presentation from Jobs. He's a salesman, he'd want to show off the new product himself, not just let everyone figure it out for themselves online...

Amen. Steve, or someone else that he's chosen has done the demo for EVERYTHING NEW (that's NOT a speed bump) in at least the past 10 years.

Eh?

If you can prove you have the floppy discs for Photoshop 1.0, you should be able to download CS5 for free...

While I'm at it, can I trade in my Macintosh IIsi for a Mac Pro?

dotnet
18th November 2010, 02:39 AM
I don't get the hate that everyone's spewing towards Apple.

I don't detect any hate, not sure why you would say that. Could it be that your frame of reference is somewhat skewed and anything other than total idolatry appears to you as disdain, and indifference, irony or even sarcasm as outright hate?

Apple don't always make the right choices and not every spot Steve Jobs sets his foot on turns into pure gold. Sometimes he comes across as a complete nutcase, so what? He needs people telling him he's an idiot more than people licking his feet.

Cheers
Steffen.

lavo
18th November 2010, 10:14 AM
I don't detect any hate, not sure why you would say that. Could it be that your frame of reference is somewhat skewed and anything other than total idolatry appears to you as disdain, and indifference, irony or even sarcasm as outright hate?

Apple don't always make the right choices and not every spot Steve Jobs sets his foot on turns into pure gold. Sometimes he comes across as a complete nutcase, so what? He needs people telling him he's an idiot more than people licking his feet.

Cheers
Steffen.

Exactly. Otherwise we end up getting more puck mice..... ;)

MrJesseRoss
18th November 2010, 07:12 PM

Cheers
Steffen.

What the hell?

I don't know how you came to that conclusion about me because it's utterly wrong. Are you suggesting that I'm unable to understand anything other than a total love of Apple and Jobs? I think you need to re-read my whole post, not just one line.

I saw the internet getting angry that Apple didn't give them whatever crazy products they'd cooked up in their own overactive imaginations, despite all the evidence pointing towards The Beatles.

The announcement was totally justified, in my opinion. The Beatles are one of the biggest bands of all time. Were they expected to just turn up in the store one day without any recognition or mention? If I'd been running it, I'd have got Paul and Ringo together for a little performance as well, preferably on the Regent St. Apple Store rooftop. Because that would have been pretty awesome.

grorr76
19th November 2010, 06:10 AM
I was in londons regent street apple store today and the beatles were everywhere posters huge displays and music playing loudly over the pa.

roscoau
19th November 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm just glad I didn't stay up to see what the fuss was about. I would have been really pi$$ed off. What a disappointment!

yagankiely
19th November 2010, 09:38 PM
My 2c. Very symbolic to digital music, iTunes, Apple and steve (and in this sense, really important). From a consumer I was disappointed though.

Interesting though, people are buying Beatles heaps. 16 Albums in the top 50 within 12 hours. I would have though (as most people) that you either don't care or already have them. Guess not!

Vojtin
19th November 2010, 09:47 PM
http://grab.by/grabs/2f4dd3083ddb5be28d86f906734ad361.png

opilot87
20th November 2010, 04:04 PM
Haha you should put that in the Mac Funnies thread.

Ollie