PDA

View Full Version : I hate using Apple, but can't get away from it!!

2koolozi
15th November 2010, 01:53 PM
Hi Guys,

Macnafobe here, and can't stand using the crazy ass keyboad and weirdo fuctions that don't line up with what i know about windows..

The problem is that my wife brought a MBP and wanted me to make it sing and dance just like her old win sys..

As you can imagine I quickly worked out that nothing is normal which quickly saw me install fusion to take advantage of win7 goodnes.. Unfortunately I still have apple cross contamination which makes me want to cry and use the damn thing as a place mat for the dog.

Now I have what I see as a misfortune, in that work has decided to run with a new optus contract which includes IP4 and Ipads..ahhhhhh

Can't a man just get hold of the new HTC Trophy with the new windows OS..

Anywho, thats enough drivel from this tosser and thanks for listening.

E.:cool:

tcn33
15th November 2010, 02:00 PM
Totally agree, except for the part between "Hi" and "listening".

Primm
15th November 2010, 02:02 PM
Oh, I don't know. Part of it was relevant.

The last line for example, between "anywho" (who says that anyway?) and "tosser" (oh yeah, one of those).

gehenna
15th November 2010, 02:03 PM
waaaaaaaah.

Minkey
15th November 2010, 02:23 PM
Friend,

Step 1: Sell the MBP on Ebay, Gumtree, anywhere. It's clearly not her thing.

Step 2: Buy yourself whatever Windows laptop she wants.

Step 3: Get a new job or get over it.

Problems solved.

Best of luck.

M

OziMac
15th November 2010, 02:29 PM
Macnafobe here, and can't stand using the crazy ass keyboad and weirdo fuctions that don't line up with what i know about windows..

Funny, that.

I hope you weren't using your Windows keyboard to type this either, or you may have just disproven whatever your point was. :cool:

nibbles
15th November 2010, 02:55 PM
Have a look on the apple website at these (http://www.apple.com/au/findouthow/mac/), they are probably just what you need. If you drive a car and then one day get in a truck, the concept will be the same but you need to learn some things that are done differently, it's the same with mac and windows, it will take some time to get used to so don't give up and just have a play with it because it may be simpler than you think.

dopus
15th November 2010, 03:12 PM
Totally agree, except for the part between "Hi" and "listening".
That is awesome! :laugh: We all had a great laugh at your comment. Well done..

chip
15th November 2010, 03:20 PM
As you can imagine I quickly worked out that nothing is norma...

It's different, so either you or your missus should spend some time learning how to use it. The Switcher's FAQs in this subforum would make a good starting point.

gikku
15th November 2010, 03:28 PM
Hi Guys,

the crazy ass keyboad and weirdo fuctions that don't line up with what i know about windows..

E.:cool:

newsflash: It's not Windows.
thank christ.

sounds like a terrific opportunity to broaden your horizons

jsarchibald
15th November 2010, 03:33 PM
MBPs aren't worth much second hand (wink wink), so I could relieve you of your hell for $50 ;) he he

Stez
15th November 2010, 03:37 PM
You're going to get a lot of hate here. But honestly that is pretty fanboy. You seem like somebody who hates Apple because its cool to do so.

Oh, and MBP sings and dances out of the box. It doesn't need tune-ups like Windows. For somebody not as tech savvy as your wife (I'm assuming this based on you trying to tune it up instead of her) Apple products are perfect. If I had to choose between WP7 and Android, Android would be a no brainer. Of course your needs vary but can we be serious here I don't think its a coincidence that MS make your favourite phone, which funnily enough, you haven't even got your hands on and still love to death. I'm also going to assume you love your Zune HD and its incredibly slow loading apps? Realise Apple made the Zune, Android, some design aspects of Windows 7, and the phone.

Sorry to say this man, but cry some m0ar.

tom5955
15th November 2010, 04:10 PM
If you don't like it, buy your wife a Windows machine and get rid of the MBP.

But seriously, you don't need to do anything of the things you normally do with a Windows computer when you turn it on. Everything is optimised and comes with basically nothing that you would feel the need to get rid of.

And as mentioned previously, your first point:
"and can't stand using the crazy ass keyboad and weirdo fuctions that don't line up with what i know about windows.."
Its fairly obvious that this is NOT Windows, and that the keyboard is different when you first look at it. If you didn't want different you shouldn't have got a Mac.

zbaron
15th November 2010, 04:11 PM
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))
:D

jeremy_warnock
15th November 2010, 04:14 PM
Probably the wrong forum to complain.

You have 3 choices from what I see
first - sell it and buy a pos acer or some other substandrad windows machine.
second - piss off fusion and install bootcamp - its free and you have no "apple cross contamination" but you will have all you windows virus to play with again
Third - live with it and learn to use it. With in 3 weeks you would be wishing you switched years ago

2koolozi
15th November 2010, 04:20 PM
Shit hot.. Nothing like stiring up the lads to get get a laugh!!!!!!

really there was no point to my post other than a rant and biatch about life and crap that happens within..

Its good to see I can make some people's day and hey, bring it on...

Oh, and just for Primm... Anywho one more time :cool1:

Cheers
E