PDA

View Full Version : DVD Burning

Wheels
15th October 2005, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

I realise I've asked quite a few questions on dvd burning in the past and I this will be my last one! :P

After ripping my DVD using MacTheRipper, I use DVD2oneX to compress the copied DVD to 4472MB. However, I've also got "DVD Imager" installed on my computer and do I need to use this at all?? Does "DVD Imager" convert the image to a UDF format or does DVD2oneX do this? I know that DVD2oneX makes an image for me in a *iso file type.

With thanks,
wheels8989

MacNut
15th October 2005, 05:34 PM
Mac the Ripper, DVD2oneX, toast in that orderThat's all you need

Wheels
15th October 2005, 05:43 PM
Yeh but I don't have toast.

conditionals
15th October 2005, 05:50 PM
Danger! Danger! Close of thread imminent. Core reactor explosion in 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1...

zbaron
15th October 2005, 05:58 PM
Disk Utility can burn an .iso file to a CD or DVD.

zzmad
15th October 2005, 06:06 PM
Hi,
that's why you need Imager.
DVD2ONE can output the DVD compressed using DVD Imager in an image file .dmg
In this way you can burn such image using disk utility and don't need toast.

To make sure the encoding is properly done just mount the image, then drag the video_TS folder onto Apple dvd player and look at the result ..
It it's nice just unmount, open disk utility and burn!!!
hope this helps ..

L.

danno74
15th October 2005, 06:22 PM
If you're running OSX, just use the standard burning software that comes with the system. You don't need Toast to burn a DVD. DVD2One will ensure your file is ready to burn directly to a DVD so that any burner will read it.

So, as mentioned by one of the other members,

1. MactheRipper
2. DVD2One
3. Burn, any which way you can - just a standard burn, like you're copying any other files to the DVD.

Wheels
15th October 2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you all very much! And yes conditionals I got all the answers I needed before this thread was closed! I wasn't out to cause trouble, just needed info thats all!

So thanks!
wheels8989

The Architect.mac
15th October 2005, 08:55 PM
Toast 7 burns straight from Video_TS folders compressing them for you.

Rayd
15th October 2005, 09:11 PM
i think toast 7 will be a good investment for you, it will shorten the procedure and make it quicker, all you have to do is rip, then drag the VIDEO_TS folder into toast 7 and will compress then burn when its finsihed, i use this method it works great :D much quicker then doing it the "old" way :P

conditionals
15th October 2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by wheels8989@Oct 15 2005, 06:51 PM
Thank you all very much! And yes conditionals I got all the answers I needed before this thread was closed! I wasn't out to cause trouble, just needed info thats all!

So thanks!
wheels8989
... I had a similar thread and it got shut up like a zyrtek. Indeed, the first reply bashed me to bits.

Guess that's just how it goes though. Happy burning!

ahdanielsan
3rd November 2005, 11:34 PM
Hi all,

Came across this thread via Google. I was just wondering if anyone's had any trouble compressing Video_TS files in Toast 7? When I drag my Video_TS files over, it says they can't be compressed... normal?

Cheers,

Dan

something2sea
4th November 2005, 12:04 AM
you probably need to use mac the ripper to take the encription off it, fip it straight off the dvd using mac the ripper then use toast to compress & burn it (so i've herd, i don't do it, but yeah!)

ahdanielsan
4th November 2005, 12:08 AM
If I was copying DVDs, which I'm obviously not, then I would have already used MTR to decrypt the DVD, but still had the encryption problem. Interesting :)

something2sea
4th November 2005, 12:10 AM
hm, doesn't make any sense, will have to ask somebody that knows what they're talking about, and that's not really me, thought that might help, that's all

ahdanielsan
4th November 2005, 12:21 AM
No, no; thanks for trying. I'd heard that Toast would compress on the fly, but there are other apps out there. It's just that a 'friend' has been using DVD Clone on the PC, which does all the work for you. He's trying to move over to his new Mac, but with some things it's proving a little difficult.

ETHERSPIN
4th November 2005, 01:47 AM
or roxio popcorn.. will compress AND burn onto the dvd media of your choice

ric3am
4th November 2005, 06:46 AM
MTR + DVD Shrink ( Vitual Pc ) burn VIDEO_TS

p53
6th November 2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by ETHERSPIN@Nov 4 2005, 01:47 AM
or roxio popcorn.. will compress AND burn onto the dvd media of your choice
I'm not certain, but isn't Toast 7 supposed to be like an upgraded replacement of Toast 6 and Popcorn.