PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6600 & Bluetooth (G4 iBook)

plunkotica
14th October 2005, 03:04 PM
Hey guys,

I took a dive yesterday and treated myself to a new iBook, I must say I haven't put the thing down yet hehe! I love it!

Anyway, I am setting up my Nokia 6600 to sync with it etc, it has transfered contacts to the address book, and i can send sms and all of that via the iBook. Now, my problem is browising the 6600.

I can bring up the Bluetooth File Exchange, but when I go to browse, it says it has successfully connected to the 6600, and displays the folder path as "/" (which i assume is root of the device, in this case the 6600). But it displays no folders or files.

I was hoping to use this to transfer multiple images at once from the phone, instead of sending them individually from the phone.

Can anyone help me out? Thanx.

Kildare
14th October 2005, 04:02 PM
My GF has a 6600 & I have an iBook so I'll have a play over the weekend & see how we go.

Did you install the client onto the phone?

plunkotica
14th October 2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, when I paired the devices, and sync'd, i set the iBook as an authorized device, so it just automatically sent the iSync control thingy to the phone, and I did install it when the phone recieved it.

Kildare
15th October 2005, 09:05 PM
Tried it this evening with the same issue. :(
If you drag files into BT File Exchange it does send them to the phone though.

Also tried it on my PC (WinXP) with similiar results.
GF said she just ended up getting a card reader which is what I use now with my SE Z1010 has transferring 100+ MB of mp3's over BT is painfully slow.

BT is definately great for Sync'n & so forth.

plunkotica
15th October 2005, 09:37 PM
thanks for your help kildare, appreciated.