PDA

View Full Version : iPad orientation lock broken?

tania2412
26th October 2010, 10:04 PM
Is anyones iPad orientation lock not working? Mine used to briefly show the lock icon on the screen etc when it was activated. Now even when it's on the iPad screen rotates when flipped. Tried a reset, because it's a physical switch should I be taking it somewhere for warranty repair? Am reading about how that will be the mute button with the next update...but everyone seems to hate that, it could get changed back at some point then I'd be out of warranty still with a dud switch. Thoughts?

Huy
26th October 2010, 10:07 PM
Take it to an Apple Store if you're near one. It'll be the mute switch in 4.2. It won't be changed back.

You are still within warranty.

MissionMan
27th October 2010, 08:30 AM
Is anyones iPad orientation lock not working? Mine used to briefly show the lock icon on the screen etc when it was activated. Now even when it's on the iPad screen rotates when flipped. Tried a reset, because it's a physical switch should I be taking it somewhere for warranty repair? Am reading about how that will be the mute button with the next update...but everyone seems to hate that, it could get changed back at some point then I'd be out of warranty still with a dud switch. Thoughts?

Did you install the iPad 4.2 Beta? If so, then this changes the orientation lock to a volume off and the orientation lock is now found in the same place as the iphone, but double clicking the home button and swiping right.

tania2412
3rd November 2010, 01:29 PM
No 4.2 installs...it was literally just the orientation button stopped working...clicked across ok but the screen still kept spinning around. Anyway took it into my local Mac1 on Friday, had a brand new iPad mid morning Monday...can't argue with service like that! :)

mtny
3rd November 2010, 01:33 PM
Ignore