PDA

View Full Version : Library Books

Flinders1231
13th October 2005, 06:45 AM
Sometimes you stumble on something that is really cool, because it elegantly meets a specific need. In my case "Library Books" is such an application as I manage this aspect of life for my family - tramping back & forth to the local library for my family members - & hunting underneath household rubble to find that misplaced book - & of course paying the overdue fees!

Library Books (freeware) connects to your library account & catalogue and downloads the list of books you have checked out. It displays the books in your menu bar. It copes with multiple Libraries & multiple User accounts. It will also remind you about overdues & can take you direct into the Library Catalouqe so you can manage your account or do a search.

The application works with libraries using certain types of database - these are listed on the web page. Happily "my" Brisbane Library is on the list.

The developer Harold Chu seems to be an Aussie - see - http://haroldchu.id.au/ & has got some good feedback on the net about his responsiveness to problems & questions. Harold plans to add some nice additional functions to this application - like outstanding "Holds". When these asre done - no question in my book, - a five star application. Donations are welcome & being a local boy is worth the support I'd say.

Also available from Harold is "iiUsage" a usage meter (on Menu Bar) for those people who use ISP iiNet.

:thumbup:

Flinders1231
26th November 2005, 03:15 PM
Library Books is really worth a look - I was really impressed over last 48 hours regarding support Harod Chu the developer provided to solve some minor problems.

spawnster
26th November 2005, 05:11 PM
I concur. Just downloaded and installed and works great! Thanks for the heads up on this one. I won't forget to add something to Harold's tip jar. :)