PDA

View Full Version : Colour issues

ChrisR_12
20th October 2010, 11:12 PM
Hello,

I want to just ask has any one had issues with very very light gray's looking more orange then gray?

I have used software to make colour profiles, i have tried the ones that came with the macbook i am using.

I have looked at this page i made to test it at a reseller and i see the same issue on the iMac and MacBook Pro's there.

Here is a webpage if the box looks more orange then gray you will see what i mean. So any ways to my point how do i fix this and is it hardware or software issue.

Kavsi Group (http://kavsi.com/color.html)

(note my macbook is 2 or so months out of warranty)

ChrisR_12
21st October 2010, 01:34 PM
After been in the city and playing with the file i uploaded to my site, on all the Mac's at BextByte and JB HiFi. I have found that the iMac's using the ATI card it shows the right color a nice gray (its more dark and its not orange the way it should be) and all the Macbook's and Macbook Pro's it shows the colour very very light and orange like.

Brains
21st October 2010, 08:31 PM
What I think you will find is that no laptop (Apple or otherwise) will show the image correctly, nor will the smaller iMacs, as the LCD panels in those are 18-bit (262,000 simultaneous colours). The beastly iMac 27" has a 24-bit LCD display in it, so the greys will (or at least, should) display properly. If you ask to have a Cinema Display connected up to a MacBook Pro, the external screen should also display the greys without that orange tint.

ChrisR_12
21st October 2010, 09:31 PM
What I think you will find is that no laptop (Apple or otherwise) will show the image correctly, nor will the smaller iMacs, as the LCD panels in those are 18-bit (262,000 simultaneous colours). The beastly iMac 27" has a 24-bit LCD display in it, so the greys will (or at least, should) display properly. If you ask to have a Cinema Display connected up to a MacBook Pro, the external screen should also display the greys without that orange tint.

I thought all screens are 32bit. Plus it works fine on my iPod Touch. (and 2 people on my msn with a Macbook Pro 1 does not have this issue and 1 does) and the 5 macbook(pro) i tested at resellers today all that this issue i am seeing. all the iMac's both sizes and the ipad all did not have this.