PDA

View Full Version : No TV on my Apple TV

Farris
14th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Hi guys

I'm unable to get TV shows on my Apple TV, in fact 'TV shows' does not even appear in the options menu/bar. I have checked TV shows on iTunes but still no luck.

Any help as usual is much appreciated.

P

bartron
14th October 2010, 12:58 PM
More info needed.

You trying to get TV rentals?...no dice, you're in Australia (unless you get yourself a US iTunes account)

If you're trying to get shows from your computer, update iTunes to 10.0.1, turn on home sharing and they will pop up under the "computers" section.

harrisonx
14th October 2010, 01:35 PM
New AppleTV?

TV Shows is no longer an option in Australia. If you're trying to get them from iTunes on your Mac, go to the "Computer" option in AppleTV

Farris
14th October 2010, 01:36 PM
Hey Bartron - thanks for your reply.

So no luck in Australia eh...? Well not very happy considering the Australian Mac website shows an image of the Apple TV display (as seen on TV) with TV shows clearly showing. see link (http://www.apple.com/au/appletv)

PLUS the website clearly states "Stream movies, TV shows, music, photos and more to the smaller redesigned Apple TV.

I have purchased and downloaded TV shows to my computer which works fine - but that's not the same as being able to browse conveniently using Apple TV in the same way you can with movies.

Anyone out there using US or UK iTunes accounts successfully?

Erwin
14th October 2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone out there using US or UK iTunes accounts successfully?

I use a US iTunes account and have current season passes to Modern Family and How I Met Your Mother - works fine for me - is that what you mean?

Farris
14th October 2010, 02:06 PM
I use a US iTunes account and have current season passes to Modern Family and How I Met Your Mother - works fine for me - is that what you mean?

Yeah that sounds good, wonder if it works for UK accounts?

Oldmacs
14th October 2010, 02:55 PM
Hi,
I don't think that the um iTunes store has tv rentals yet.

Alec Fraser
14th October 2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah that sounds good, wonder if it works for UK accounts?

No, TV show rentals are US only.

Farris
14th October 2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks to all for the responses. :)