PDA

View Full Version : firefox extensions

gurgle
10th October 2005, 11:21 PM
for those of us using firefox, im interested in the extensions you use.

i spent a bita time the other day trawling the extension pages on the mozilla site, and so now have a quite a few installed, but dont expect to keep them all.

so my faves at the mo are -
adblock - obvious
adblock filterset updater - obvious
tabbrowser preferences - obvious
download manager tweak - obvious
image zoom - adds a contextual menu when clicked on a image that allows you to zoom in on the image in the browser
google pagerank status - displays the google pagerank for the page you are viewing in the bottom status bar
searchbar autosizer - resises the google searchbar as you type
FLST - focus last selected tab
session saver - firefox starts with exactly the same pages you had up when you quit it, or it crashed :o
tab clicking options - obvious
autocopy - automatically copies any text select to the clipboard

like i said, theyre my faves, i have others installed but theyre crappy and buggy and will most likely be gone soon.

so what does everyone else use?

oh and one thing iv just thought of, does having extensions slow down the browser? i havnt noticed any change but i really havnt thought bout it mucho...

Exocet
11th October 2005, 12:01 AM
I use Safari :/

gurgle
11th October 2005, 12:12 AM
pfft <_<

hehe

Febs
11th October 2005, 12:42 AM
BugMeNot and ReloadEvery.

Great extensions. :)

Cheers,
- Febs.

FineWine
11th October 2005, 06:56 AM
The only extension I use is PrefBar (http://prefbar.mozdev.org/index.html). It enables you to selectively bring most of firefox&#39;s hidden preferences into a "view bar". My Fav ones are: Clear Mem Cache, Clear Disk Cache, Clear Cookies, Clear History.

vargz
11th October 2005, 09:42 AM
The only FF extension I have is Chris Pederick&#39;s Web Developer Extension (http://chrispederick.com/work/webdeveloper/) - an indispensable tool for any web designer/developer.

Some of those you have mentioned above sounds interesting. Might give them a go :)