PDA

View Full Version : 1.2GHz G4 iBook USB Problems!

sjobs
10th October 2005, 10:48 PM
G'day,

I've got a 1.2GHz G4 iBook which is only 7 months old, now, not using any USB devices I've not really tested the USB functionality of my iBook, until now.

I purchased a 1gig iPod Shuffle a week ago and i've suffered nothing but hell since. On first boot of the iBook, everything is peachy, works beautifully as it should. However, after the iBook as been on for about a day, the USB stops functioning correctly and the iPod Shuffle is basically ignored. When I run dmesg from terminal I get a litany of EHCI usb kernel errors. I'll paste them here if anyone really cares.

What's strange is a reboot of the iBook fixes everything. I'm really just wondering if this is a hardware or a software fault. It's really quite bizzare.

I've tested and used the iPod shuffle on a PC and it's worked perfectly, time after time.

As a footnote, when the iPod doesn't mount on the iBook, no USB devices can be detected, so it's clearly not the iPod screwing up. I just get massive EHCI usb kernel errors.

Edit: Footnote, it's running a fresh install of Panther with all the latest patches - 10.3.9

:angry:

bigkm
10th October 2005, 11:50 PM
you got a mouse or something else that you can compare errors against