PDA

View Full Version : PDF to animated GIF

Mac Monk
13th September 2010, 09:10 PM
Hi all

A client has sent me a 21 frame PDF advert to place on my website as an animated flash ad. I was wondering how I go about converting it?
I should add that I have no programming ability at all.

TIA
Glen

iPirate
13th September 2010, 10:37 PM
Export each frame as an image, import each image into the same layer in flash, adding each in a keyframe, with no transitions until the next keyframe. Keep your keyframes a suitable number of frames apart and you're done!

sirstaunch
14th September 2010, 02:31 AM
This is free and easy to use Download GIFBuilder for Mac - Create animated gifs to add to a Web site. MacUpdate Mac Software Downloads (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/235/gifbuilder) that all you'd need to do is extract the images out of the PDF into a single Folder the the GifBuilder should guide you along to create an animated Gif. Have fun ;)

Myself
12th January 2011, 03:57 PM
you can use photoshop.. (CS4) i know has gif animation capabilities..just simple rotational gifs.. i find the gif rendering in flash to be poor.
go to WINDOW (next to view)... click animations.
this should bring up a timeline at the bottom of the screen.. on the far right click on the tile button. this will give you the ability to us each pdf as a frame.. you can also adjust the duration of each frame pause.
then save for web devices.
(make sure you save it in a gif format.)

brief i know.. but hopefully it helps.. (there are heaps of tutes online if you need more info!)