PDA

View Full Version : Network Authentication

leharicot
4th October 2005, 02:16 PM
I have been using the WI-FI internet at my local eatery lately while i move house. The staff give you a number and then you log on via an authentication webpage. The first time i went in, the authentication page came up when I opened safari. However, upon going back another day I could not get the authentication page up and therefore could not log on and therefore NO INTERNET :(

Does anyone have any ideas about how to ensure that the authentication page comes up every time? I searched discussions @apple.com but couldn't find anything.

TIA

mac_man_luke
4th October 2005, 02:19 PM
I think if you try to open a page it should redirect you to it, unless it remembered the number from the first time?

leharicot
4th October 2005, 02:31 PM
it didn't redirect me to the authentication page again. i think that safari may have been remembering the old number and thought it was still authenticated with that network - but of course the network was rejecting the old number.

i emptied caches, etc and removed the network from the airport list, etc, but nothing worked. i bet there is something else that i had to empty/delete so it didn't think it was still authenticated with the server. but what????

Currawong
4th October 2005, 04:35 PM
Try another browser, like Firefox, see if the same thing happens.