PDA

View Full Version : jpg quality Automator

The Fluffy Duck
3rd October 2005, 08:27 PM
First of all automator has hardly any usefull functions, Good in theory but is a white elephant for the most part. It doesnt have all the functions I need but loads of useless ones Ill never use. The one function I crave is a Jpg quality script. Does one exist?

dangelovich
3rd October 2005, 09:34 PM
What exactly do you want to do?
Are you after a script that converts to JPG (or re-compresses) with a set quality setting? Or do you want it to ask you each time or something?
I assume you just want to select the file(s) and have it do it's thing...

I've found Automator to be very clever, but it's hard to know what I do often enough to make a workflow worth creating. Plus you have to look through the list of functions to see what's available before you realize it's do-able.
It's kinda a case of you don't know if you can do it till you try, and you don't try if you don't know you can do it.
It has great potential though, and I'm glad it's there... even if I only use it for my one workflow - "Email File(s)"

zbaron
3rd October 2005, 09:37 PM
If you have a recent version of GraphicConverter installed, it offers a "Convert into JPEG" action that has a variable quality setting. Feeding this with a Get Selected Finder Items would be a good start.

uncyherb
3rd October 2005, 09:49 PM
Personally I use a macro in ImageReady CS2.

The Fluffy Duck
4th October 2005, 04:20 PM
it already has a resize but a jpg quality one would be helpfull.