PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook Insurance

f1_power
3rd October 2005, 03:29 PM
I recently purchased a PowerBook this year and was wondering if anyone could reccommend any brand or plan of insurance for it?

I am looking for it cover Theft and / or Accidental Damage.

If anyone has any plan that they are on and can reccommend and let me know some prices that would be great.

964RSCS
3rd October 2005, 03:35 PM
I've been looking into this aswell recently, and it seems that adding it to your home contents policy is the go. Just make sure it is listed and covered when travelling etc before you sign up!

overway
3rd October 2005, 04:16 PM
I have insurance on my PowerBook through my house insurance. $9 a month for theft or accidental damage. Cheap peice of mind IMO.

El Guardo
3rd October 2005, 05:24 PM
Be careful when covering your Powerbook/iBook under home and contents as it doesn't necessarily cover the computer when it is away from home. I too went with the $9 per month coverage (AMP) only to discover two months later that there were some 'limitations' in the fine print. Upgrading to full, comprehensive insurance anywhere in Australia for any damage/theft bumped the price up to about $300 per year - and that was with three different companies.

There are a couple of companies who specialize in insuring notebooks and corporate IT products that offering comprehensive coverage in Australia for about $140 - unfortunately said companies names escape me right now.