PDA

View Full Version : My iPhone wont stop vibrating!

macmusic
25th August 2010, 09:36 AM
Hey guys,

Came in to working this morning and as I locked my phone and put it down the damn thing switched off entirely and started vibrating... non stop vibrating! Could you think of a more annoying fault?!?! I've tried plugging it into my mac, and then into a wall charger, tried rebooting it, tried the home+power button reset..... nothing worked. the phone has been vibrating constantly for close to 3 hours now. Its an iPhone 4... less than a month old.

mmulhern
25th August 2010, 09:51 AM
Maybe it's just happy to be with you.

. . . but seriously, I've seen postings (such as iphone4: screen shut off, phone wont stop vibrating - Mac Forums (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=950117)) about this problem elsewhere, it seems if you just let it go to run the battery down, then when you recharge it the problem goes away (until the next time).

Personally, I'd be going straight to an Apple store while it's buzzing itself silly, and asking them to stop it.

Fitshaced
25th August 2010, 09:54 AM
Thats not good. Can only think for you to bring it back. Which would make a funny sketch.

'mmmmmy fffffffffone wwwwwont sssstop vvvvvibrating.'

'thats not a phone, its an electric toothbrush'

'Oh,I was wwwwwondering wwwwhy my wwwwrist ggggot tttired wwwwhen bbbbrushing my ttteeth this mmmmorning'.

Needs work

macmusic
25th August 2010, 10:00 AM
Yeah I saw that post too. I really don't want to let it run down and just ignore the fact that it happened at all. Imagine what kind of damage 5-6 hours of consistent vibrating can do. It's getting pretty hot as it is. I really want to take it into a store but Chadstone is my closest option, about 45 mins away, and I can't leave work early just because my phone is sick :p By the time i get home and to Chadstone it'll probably stop vibrating and they wont be able or willing to do anything for me ie give me a new one

mmulhern
25th August 2010, 10:53 AM
I can't leave work early just because my phone is sick :p

Doesn't your employer provide compassionate leave to look after "loved ones"?

dacoda
25th August 2010, 11:39 AM
Funny you mentioned that. Mine did the same thing this morning too.

I did a soft reset (Hold down the home button and power button until it turns off) and turned it back on and it is working fine now.

macmusic
25th August 2010, 01:16 PM
I tried the reset too but no matter how long I held the buttons for (at least 2 mins) nothing worked. Anyway, it eventually ran out of juice and died. Its now charging back up and working just as it was before its little fit. Still might take it to Chaddy though...