PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 Temp Warning :0

b00
23rd August 2010, 09:15 PM
Today, I got my first ever Temp warning in all the time I have owned iPhones. It was sitting in the office, dothing nothing. I hadnt used it in the past hour, and all of a sudden from another room in the house i hear the phone ring once. When i rushed in to see who it was i got this message, left it about a minute went back to normal. It didnt feel hot, admittadly i didnt feel the outside, underneath the bumper case, however the front and rear felt normal. Should I be worried?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9010252/photo.PNG

canonafficionado
23rd August 2010, 09:55 PM
It shouldn't be anything to worry about as the phone does it to protect itself and it's been talked about before here with no after effects on the phone. I'm interested though why it was triggered. Apple says the operating temperature of the phone is 0-35C and Brisbane can't be that hot today!

b00
23rd August 2010, 10:02 PM
It shouldn't be anything to worry about as the phone does it to protect itself and it's been talked about before here with no after effects on the phone. I'm interested though why it was triggered. Apple says the operating temperature of the phone is 0-35C and Brisbane can't be that hot today!

Thats what I was wondering, i found out it was actually someone that called, and when all was restored to normal i had a missed call. It was actually a little cool today in Brisbane. Been raining all day, and probably 20 max where the phone was this arvo. So who knows.

bitingmammal
23rd August 2010, 10:05 PM
Was it under a lamp or something? Maybe direct light heated it up? That's quite odd.

b00
23rd August 2010, 10:30 PM
Was it under a lamp or something? Maybe direct light heated it up? That's quite odd.

Nope it was in a pitch black office, I wouldn't have the slightest clue of what caused it either. No apps were running in the background either, so it's got me puzzled. Dunno if I should make it known to Optus just in case something happens in the future that they have something on record.

canonafficionado
23rd August 2010, 11:05 PM
Sounds really unusual under those conditions. As long as it's under warranty there's no need to update them as it's covered anyhow. The heat sensor might just have got it wrong.