PDA

View Full Version : i5 chips in 13" MBPs??

black_nail
23rd August 2010, 08:50 AM
Obviously Apple love playing secrets and don't want anyone to know what they are doing, or when they will release stuff..

BUT

does anyone have any predictions when they will bring the newer intel chips to the 13" MBPs?

i am in the market for a 13" MBP right now, but don't want to go ahead and buy one of the current ones if it looks like they will bring out the new ones 2 weeks later.

thoughts?

leon
23rd August 2010, 09:28 AM
Won't happen soon as the integrated Intel HD graphics are rubbish compared to the Nvidia 320m.
Until Intel allow their i3/i5/i7 to use other manufacturers chipsets (which will never happen) or they develop a better integrated graphics chip, we will not see new CPU's in the 13" laptops.
Another option will be that Apple develop their own CPU solution for the 13".

bartron
23rd August 2010, 09:29 AM
It would be more likely the 13" will see i3's with i5's and i7's reserved for the 15" and 17" MBP's. Putting an i5 in there will push it too close to the cost of a base 15" (which already has an i5 for only $300 more than the top of the line 13").

They may make it a BTO option but apart from screen size I'm not sure why many people will bother...may as well get the 15"

Cybix
23rd August 2010, 09:32 AM
It simply doesn't fit in the case.

black_nail
23rd August 2010, 09:44 AM
apart from screen size I'm not sure why many people will bother...may as well get the 15"

I plug my notebook into a 24" external montor so i am not worried about the size of the screen on it.. i just wanted the 13" cause it is smaller and more portable.

though its not THAT much smaller than the 15" anyway..... maybe i should just go with the base 15"?