PDA

View Full Version : sync iPhone with two laptops

mobius
22nd August 2010, 10:59 AM
I expect there is a simple answer to this, but as a complete and certified amateur, I confess it is beyond me... I work away from home (2 weeks at work / 2 weeks at home). I have a laptop at home- iPhone is happily synced to this machine. I have another laptop at work. I would like to use my iPhone as the go between for the two laptops for music, contacts, calendar etc. ie I want to be able to load music at home or at work, sync with iPhone, then sync with the other unit when I swap locations. Similarly, if I make a contact or calendar change (using MS Outlook) on one machine, I want the iPhone to register it and update the other machine when I swap locations. Does this make sense?
Thank you all in advance.
Cheers

Cybix
22nd August 2010, 11:50 AM
Not going to work how you want. Get all your calendars and contacts on google, it's a good start to what you are chasing.

samb345
22nd August 2010, 12:16 PM
It can be done, but requires a software hack. Don't do this if you are not comfortable with HexEdit.

If you google "sync iphone to 2 computers" you will see a number of posts.

The best instructions are on the andrewgrant.org site "Shiny Things".

The alternative to google docs is mobileme for syncing all your calendars, contacts, mail, and more. Worth the asking price in my opinion.

Huy
22nd August 2010, 02:39 PM
I will second the Google Calendar idea. Free solution. Works for me in having calendar changes reflected on multiple devices (iMac, iPad, iPhone).