PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive home button

vernflan
20th August 2010, 11:13 PM
Does anyone else's home button on iPhone 4 seem unresponsive? Sometimes I have to push mine extra hard or more than once to make it work.

hobbsy101
21st August 2010, 07:42 AM
No I think it has one of the most responsiveness and clicky feel out of all the ios devices I've had

laughingbird
21st August 2010, 08:07 AM
Does anyone else's home button on iPhone 4 seem unresponsive? Sometimes I have to push mine extra hard or more than once to make it work.

My 3GS has the same problem, and I suspect that Apple would be willing to replace a new phone with this problem.

vernflan
21st August 2010, 11:29 AM
Looks like im making an appointment with a genius.;)

mallo
21st August 2010, 12:58 PM
Mine has this problem, but sometimes it's also super sensitive, and I'll press it once, and it thinks I e double clicked and will bring up the multi tasking apps down the bottom.

I've booked a genius appointment tomorrow to get it replaced

leon
21st August 2010, 01:20 PM
My iPhone4 doesn't do this. My iPhone2G did it after about 2 years of use - which I put down to wear and tear.
I'd take it back.

billenya
21st August 2010, 03:21 PM
Yes my Home button sometimes takes two pushes - I have to push right in the middle to have an effect. I can click it endlessly all around the sides and never actually registers - has to br in the middle.

I live in Hobart, so no trips to a genius for me!

michaelguo
21st August 2010, 07:22 PM
When I first got mine on launch day, I experienced the same problem. I had to press the home button quite hard for it to work. I was going to get a replacement iPhone 4 at Apple Doncaster but decided to wait a few weeks for them to restock again.
However recently, my iPhone 4's home button seems to have gotten more responsive. Weird much? Don't know whether I should still seek a replacement :S

bsbrady
2nd December 2010, 11:11 PM
Mine has the same exact problem, either unresponsive or too sensitive. Last night I was trying to exit my mail and had to press the button 4 times to get a response, now this morning, 1 press and I keep getting the multi task bar. Becoming increasingly annoying. Should I bring it in?

colorfulmind
3rd December 2010, 09:33 AM
Yes my Home button sometimes takes two pushes - I have to push right in the middle to have an effect. I can click it endlessly all around the sides and never actually registers - has to br in the middle.

I live in Hobart, so no trips to a genius for me!

Usually takes 2-3 pushes for me too, and I only had it for 3 months. :frustrating:

ma2jia
3rd December 2010, 01:16 PM
I have the same problem!