PDA

View Full Version : Razer Imperator

iRhino
19th August 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi

Recently, I purchased a Razer Imperator mouse, as it is advertised to be Mac compatible, all you have to do is download the Mac driver from the Razer website.

I did this, but found the driver largely useless, as it doesn't let you program specific buttons (there are 7 of them - a key decision point for me in making the purchase). I also found the driver very slow to respond, and it was very hard to settle on a tracking speed for the mouse.

Subsequently, I uninstalled the Imperator driver and went back to Steermouse, but I am still only able to program 5 of the 7 buttons (not the 2 beneath the scroll wheel).

Another problem I have is that sometimes when booting my iMac (24", Mar 09 vintage), the mouse is frozen on start-up. This is fixed by unplugging and replugging it into its USB port.

Having said all of that, the feel for the mouse is pretty good and I'm hoping for a solution. Doubt I'll be able to take it back, as there isn't really a fault with it.

Does anyone know how I can "reclaim" my two extra buttons, and resolve the start-up issue?

Thanks

avolve
23rd August 2010, 11:07 AM
I have a Roccat Kone mouse. I used in under bootcamp for gaming on my iMac. The mouse has onboard memory, and iirc it saved the settings and they worked under OS X without the (Windows) driver.

iRhino
23rd August 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm actually going to install Windows in the next couple of days so I can try that, and I've heard of others having similar success.

Presumably though, it was a single set of default settings? I wouldn't have the ability to program application specific mouse button shortcuts like I can in Steermouse?

matreya
24th August 2010, 07:56 PM
Have you tried USB Overdrive? It's quite a good driver.

aeidau
24th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Some of my G9 buttons don't work in OSX. Mind you I only use it for Solidworks in VM or in W7.