PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store online iPhone 4 orders shipping?!

MightyAtom
18th August 2010, 11:53 PM
I just checked my order originally estimated to ship 23/8 and it's just changed to prepared for shipment.

I ordered mine on release day a few hours before it officially appeared on the store, hopefully there'll be a flood of deliveries in the next couple of days.

glitch
19th August 2010, 07:30 AM
My order has changed too.

carlow1
19th August 2010, 07:53 AM
Mines prepared for shipment too. Woo hoo!

mitty
19th August 2010, 08:08 AM
Weren't the ipads prepared for shipment for a whole week prior? ;)

susiegb
19th August 2010, 08:45 AM
Oh, well pooh - got my hopes up, but I just checked my order status and it's the same! Ship 23/8, deliver 27/8 (when I'll be interstate!!) And I ordered it on the launch day Friday afternoon ...

But, having checked again it does say 'Prepared for Shipment' - whatever that means! I'll definitely keep on checking now I know there's a possibility it might come earlier!!

carlow1
19th August 2010, 09:54 AM
I also ordered the new apple battery charger. That said ships by 20/8 and delivers by 24/8. I got shipping notice on Monday 16/8 and delivered Wednesday 18/8. The date on the shipping notice never change from 24/8. I'm hoping we'll see our iPhones by Monday next week.

scar68
19th August 2010, 09:59 AM
I'm hoping we'll see our iPhones by Monday next week.

I ordered mine at 5.02pm on 30/7.

Still has ships 23/8 delivers 27/8 :(

Would so love it earlier.

:)

d_mini
19th August 2010, 11:50 AM
Wow, you guys are still waiting for one. I feel like I got mine on day one ages ago... ;)

elhuynh
19th August 2010, 02:33 PM
is it possible it could arrive tomorrow?

carlow1
19th August 2010, 03:58 PM
is it possible it could arrive tomorrow?

It would have to go from 'Prepared for Shipment' to 'Shipped' by end of today for it to deliver by tomorrow. It would be nice to have it before the weekend.

elhuynh
19th August 2010, 04:02 PM
trying to check the status .. but the store is down!!!

PaulF
19th August 2010, 05:14 PM
Site is back up. Still prepared for shipment, but the battery charger I ordered this morning is shipped.

I have a nasty feeling it will stay prepared fro shipment until Monday. Apple really likes to kick people who order online in the nuts.

Seakip
19th August 2010, 05:20 PM
Indeed, it has changed for me as well but still the same dates.

Ordered when it officially came on the store.

Deviance
19th August 2010, 06:12 PM
I ordered on the 3/8 says shipping on the 25/8 for 31/8 delivery. I also saw on whirlpool someone that ordered on the 2/8 that had his updated to prepare for shipping. Sooo maybe tomorrow mine might change hehe

cliro
19th August 2010, 08:40 PM
mine as well.

Hope to get iphone 4 by next week.

It would be shipped from factory in china. Maybe.... I would take around a whole week to get here, is that real?

billabongsimon
19th August 2010, 11:24 PM
Mine is shipped as of 10:54 tonight! :D
Delivers by Wednesday.

WIN.jpg (http://cl.ly/adf1361221574cd14e0f)
Shipping 4 days early ftw!

MightyAtom
19th August 2010, 11:50 PM
Delivers by Wednesday.

Oh, I hate you. So what time did you place the original order?

glitch
20th August 2010, 07:35 AM
Mine has also shipped!

carlow1
20th August 2010, 07:36 AM
Delivers by Wednesday.

Mine has shipped too as of 9:50pm last night. Delivers by 25/8. Anyone know where TNT location SZ1 is?

PaulF
20th August 2010, 07:37 AM
Mine has shipped too. I ordered on the 30th July.
Looks like they are all international, I have no delivery date on mine, but yeah it would be 25th Aug or so as well.

EDIT: I think SZ is Shanghai, China.

forno
20th August 2010, 07:50 AM
Site is back up. Still prepared for shipment, but the battery charger I ordered this morning is shipped.

I have a nasty feeling it will stay prepared fro shipment until Monday. Apple really likes to kick people who order online in the nuts.

That sure is a kick in the nuts:rolleyes:

dangelovich
20th August 2010, 07:51 AM
Mine has now shipped. Let the obsessive courier tracking begin!

susiegb
20th August 2010, 07:58 AM
Yeayyy - mine has shipped too! In transit since 4am this morning!!! Supposed to deliver on the 25th - next Wednesday!!!

ZeMule
20th August 2010, 08:00 AM
mine shipped at 20:50 last night, with delivery by the 26th. I've got my fingers crossed for a monday morning delivery at work.
come on!!!

kusanagi
20th August 2010, 11:27 AM
Mine is shipped too, delivered by 25th... item has been dispatched from location SZ1 = Shenzhen China, where Foxconn is, big chance it will arrive sooner than 25th as I had DHL parcels sent to me from Hong Kong, shipped Friday arrived Adelaide Monday, at door step early Tuesday, but it's a different courier though.

everunman
20th August 2010, 12:14 PM
Being shipped directly from china???

If so lucky the value is less than aud$1000 or we will be hit with Gst and clearance charges

scar68
20th August 2010, 12:34 PM
Being shipped directly from china???

If so lucky the value is less than aud$1000 or we will be hit with Gst and clearance charges

If ordered form the Apple online store the GST is already paid regardless of the value of the transaction. They are not allowed to "sell" anything without charging the GST.

glitch
20th August 2010, 01:06 PM
Mine is shipped too, delivered by 25th... item has been dispatched from location SZ1 = Shenzhen China, where Foxconn is, big chance it will arrive sooner than 25th as I had DHL parcels sent to me from Hong Kong, shipped Friday arrived Adelaide Monday, at door step early Tuesday, but it's a different courier though.

The Apple stock comes in once a week on a Monday, so they should hit Sydney Airport on Monday, clear customs and spread out across the country during the week.

everunman
20th August 2010, 11:32 PM
If ordered form the Apple online store the GST is already paid regardless of the value of the transaction. They are not allowed to "sell" anything without charging the GST.

My point is if they send it from China to you directly, you are the importer and responsible for any customs duties and Gst, but this is a non issue due to it being under the $1000 threshold.

MightyAtom
20th August 2010, 11:42 PM
20 Aug 2010* 17:25:00* Hong Kong* Connection Delay. Recovery Actions Underway.*

That doesn't sound good. Anyone know what that might translate as in English?

Sambo
21st August 2010, 12:17 AM

I have this on mine too. Hope it's nothing and it's just missed getting on a truck or something. :p

carlow1
21st August 2010, 08:02 AM
Mine's been electronically lodged in Sydney as of 10:35pm Friday 20/8. Hopefully it will arrive in Adelaide on Monday.

kevinnugent
21st August 2010, 08:28 AM

Probably missed the connection to AUS. There will be another one soon, I suspect. :)

glitch
21st August 2010, 08:42 AM
My point is if they send it from China to you directly, you are the importer and responsible for any customs duties and Gst, but this is a non issue due to it being under the $1000 threshold.

As was already pointed out to you, this is not the case with Apple product. You have paid for it in Australia, to an Australian company that is GST registered, and so the GST is already levied.

When we all got our shiny new iMacs direct from China, costing well over $3000, the situation was exactly the same.

Its nothing to do with the iPhones being under $1000 value, its all about how they are purchased.

glitch
21st August 2010, 08:48 AM

I have the same message on the link to TNT from my email, which loads TNT UK site, but if I put the number into the TNT AUS site I get,

"Electronically Lodged 20/08/2010 22:36 Sydney Mas. PRI"

In other words its business as usual with TNT & your iPhone will turn up when its good & ready!

carlow1
23rd August 2010, 08:53 AM
Mine just got delivered here in Adelaide. TNT site said it was still in Sydney. I was surprised I got it today. Very happy.

Secret World
23rd August 2010, 09:36 AM
Mine was delivered to work in Melbourne this morning, yay!

ZeMule
23rd August 2010, 09:56 AM
Mine arrived at my office in Melb this morn as well. brilliant!
Oddly, apple havent charged me yet. must resist urge to cancel my card...

PaulF
23rd August 2010, 10:56 AM
These are coming in FAST. Mine is already at Lismore, which is a 1.5hr drive away. No customs delay it seems, I might even see it today.

As for the kick in the nuts, I was referring to people walking into storefronts and getting phones while online orders are pushed to the back of the queue.

EckyPro
23rd August 2010, 11:55 AM
Damn. My latest 2 tracker entries are:

21 Aug 2010 15:34:57 Hong Kong Shipment In Transit.
20 Aug 2010 17:25:00 Hong Kong Connection Delay. Recovery Actions Underway.

Hoping I will get it today. Deliveries arrive around now in my area, Southern Adelaide. More likely tomorrow or Wednesday.

Mac Monk
23rd August 2010, 12:31 PM
I believe they all go via their depot before dispatch so unlucky me in McLaren Vale won't see it before tomorrow. I usually get an sms from TNT in the morning if they are going to deliver that day and I haven't had the sms today.

benerrol
23rd August 2010, 12:38 PM
the last entries i have are "Shipment Received At Destination Depot" from Sydney @ 5am this morning... i wonder if i will be getting mine today! I should mention that i'm 600 k's away from Sydney.....

MightyAtom
23rd August 2010, 12:57 PM
Received mine here in Adelaide about an hour a go. Now I just have to trim my SIM card, really should have planned ahead to do that some time in the last three weeks.

scar68
23rd August 2010, 01:14 PM
Mine arrived in the depot in Melb at 4.04.26 this morning. No update since. Really really hope it is delivered today, all fingers are crossed :)

Just checked again. It is "onboard for full delivery"

Woo Hoo, bring on the shiny

Mac Monk
24th August 2010, 12:16 AM
Received mine here in Adelaide about an hour a go. Now I just have to trim my SIM card, really should have planned ahead to do that some time in the last three weeks.

Shite, me too, know any links to show exactly how to do it?

MightyAtom
24th August 2010, 01:30 AM
Shite, me too, know any links to show exactly how to do it?

I used this template (http://www.buy-microsim.com/pub/MicroSIM%20template.pdf) to mark the card for cutting, definitely stick it to the paper with double sided tape before starting. I trimmed it a little large then used fine sandpaper to get a perfect fit, took about 5 mins.

everunman
24th August 2010, 06:10 AM
Now I just have to trim my SIM card, really should have planned ahead to do that some time in the last three weeks.

Buy a cutter from ebay, they also give you adapters in case you have to use it as a full size sim again

GrahamH52
24th August 2010, 09:20 AM
Mine arrived 30 minutes ago direct to my door, thank you Apple!
It was actually a couple of days earlier than expected. I called TNT yesterday and they said there was no sign of it, yet here it it.

Must dash into town and get my SIM card changed, hopefully the transfer of data will go smoothly.

Will have to put my clients on hold today, hang the closed sign up and retreat deep inside my workshop :)

Mac Monk
24th August 2010, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know if the telco's charge you to supply a micro-sim if you are currently in contract with them and bringing your own i-4?

benerrol
24th August 2010, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know if the telco's charge you to supply a micro-sim if you are currently in contract with them and bringing your own i-4?

Depends where you go. That sounds really ridiculous but sadly its true. The T-life store in Wagga was going to charge me $40 to swap the bloody thing, so i told them to jam it.

Went to Griffith T-life and they swapped it for free, without even mentioning a ridiculous fee.

The carrier owns the sim card, so i don't see why we should have to pay just because the card that is supplied doesn't fit into a new phone.

GrahamH52
24th August 2010, 01:50 PM
T-life in Burnie said originally there was to be a charge, but this morning did it for free. very happy!

MightyAtom
24th August 2010, 02:14 PM
Buy a cutter from ebay, they also give you adapters in case you have to use it as a full size sim again

Yes, because I'm going to pay thirty bucks and wait a week or two to recieve a glorified stapler and some adapters I'll never use. Also, already cut it, took five minutes didn't cost me anything.

Mac Monk
24th August 2010, 02:49 PM
Yes, because I'm going to pay thirty bucks and wait a week or two to recieve a glorified stapler and some adapters I'll never use. Also, already cut it, took five minutes didn't cost me anything.

I actually thought about this and why it might be necessary. I do a lot of international travel and unless you want to be stuck using your iPhone on Roaming charges overseas then the ability to resurrect your micro back to full size might be quite useful, as you could then put it into another handset. But then I thought why not just buy a micro prepaid wherever you are.

Seakip
24th August 2010, 06:04 PM
Crap, mine was due to arrive here in Adelaide but it just missed out on time so I guess it's arriving tomorrow.

Steve_D
26th August 2010, 02:20 PM
Well all i can say are TNT are a freaking bunch of imbeciles.

They had my correct details for the delivery, i have been home all day. The front door is even open so they cant say no one answered.

Checked the tracker a few mins ago and find this...

26 Aug 2010 11:07:00 Adelaide Held Awaiting Correct Address. Follow Up Actions Underway.
26 Aug 2010 06:38:14 Adelaide Out For Delivery.
26 Aug 2010 06:08:54 Adelaide Shipment Received At Destination Depot.
25 Aug 2010 15:57:19 Sydney Shipment In Transit.

Now the only thing that i can see was that our unit number was listed as 3/5 and not unit 3, 5.

So i proceeded to call TNT....oh wait the site only takes me to some international number. Out comes the yellow pages (.com.au that is) and find a local number to call.

After wading through the press 1 press2 crap i get some monkey on the other end of the phone that either wants to get me off the phone because he is almost finished his novel and now he has to start again... or just really doesn't give a toss.

im going for option 2.

He then tells me that their guy was busy today and probably just couldn't make it or something and he will just re deliver it tomorrow.

I then asked if i could possibly pick it up?

he then mashes the keyboard in front of him with his barely working opposable thumbs and asks me "what time did they say they didn't deliver it?" ....um don't YOU work for the company?

i say 11am.

he then mashes some more and then after some umming and ahhing he says i can pick it up from the depot, at either 4, 5 ,6 ,8 no wait they close at 8 ...um yeah sometime after 4 but before 8.

this guy is a genius!

before i hang up i make sure that they don't want anything as in consignment number etc so they can track my order.

he says it should be fine. I ask him to double check.

he returns a few seconds later saying that i better take the international number with me just to be safe.

/hang up.

I tell you what if others are having issues with delivery here in Adelaide it may pay to check with TNT if you can collect it tonight for yourself.

but don't hold your breath that you will get a 1/2 competent person on the other end of the line.

digi2525
30th August 2010, 10:27 AM
Anyone ordered their iPhone 4 from apple online store around 16/08/2010? I'm still waiting to ship...

Order status says

Ships: 06/09/2010
Delivers: 10/09/2010