PDA

View Full Version : What the reason for small scale re-stock of iPhone 4?

aqua11alta
18th August 2010, 09:37 PM
So I wonder.. If Apple do know that there are still many people out there wanting to get their hands on iPhone 4, why do they re-stock the phone little by little? I this some kinda marketing strategy or what? Even after the release date, we don't come up to the store just to hear the rep said "sorry, no stocks available now, come back 4 weeks later or do a raincheck now". We want the iPhone. Apple must know better than anyone else that it's not gonna be enough for everyone out there... :(

Shaxbon
18th August 2010, 09:43 PM
Because their factories can only pump out so many iPhones within x amount of time.

Additionally, there were a few other countries that had their launch this week from memory.

I don't understand why people think Apple are withholding stock, they're well aware of the demand and they're doing their best to match this demand.

NeoRicen
18th August 2010, 09:44 PM
They're selling them as fast as they can make them, there aren't any to stock. Simple really.

Apoptosis
18th August 2010, 09:45 PM
Thats understandable. The really unfathomable thing is why their online store isn't given any stock at all until 3 weeks post the sale date!