PDA

View Full Version : 3gs OS4.0.2 crashing and freezing

downhilljon
18th August 2010, 09:28 PM
OK, got issues with my iPhone 3GS.

I got a little impatient waiting for the OS4.0 to be released a while back, so found a copy of OS4.0 GoldMaster, installed, and enjoyed the pre release while it lasted.

Not long after, I experienced random crashing/rebooting of the phone, and then if I managed to get it past the Apple logo, then it would tell me to plug into iTunes as it needs a restore.

This happened repeatedly for a while - sometimes I would restore to a backup, sometimes I would do a fresh restore to the 4.0 Goldmaster image, and sometimes I would leave the phone off for a period of time, and then turn it on and it worked fine without restoring!!!

As the phone worked fine prior to the firmware update, I am fairly certain the update is what caused it.

I chucked the phone in the drawer and ignored it until the other day. Did a complete wipe and fresh install of 4.0.2, (was a bit problematic, so ended up doing it in DFU mode) hoping it was a 4.0 issue that had been sorted out. All good for about a day, then crash and same story. Sometimes will start working again after prompting for restore...

Anyone experiencing any similar issues since updating to OS4.0??? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jon

Mountaineer
20th September 2010, 12:33 PM
I've had similar problems.
My 3Gs 16 Gb crashed occasionally during calls under iOS 3 and now crashes occasionally during calls under iOS 4.0.2
Maybe try using Skype on the iPhone instead of the iPhone phone app, it may be a buggy iPhone app. Make sure you have enough data capacity first.

Huy
20th September 2010, 01:41 PM
Try 4.1 now that it's out.