PDA

View Full Version : Awesome customer service! 2nd to none!!

ellsab
18th August 2010, 11:16 AM
Walked into a Mac store this morning, within 20mins walked out with new replacement Iphone4.

Got the new phone 26th launch day, and within one week the screen was showing scatches, before I received my screen protector. After reading about others going naked and not having any scatches I decided to make an appointment and go see what they could do, maybe mine was faulty??

I explained to the genius i had the phone a week on a MRO plan and took a week to get the screen cover, during which time it received scatches both front and back.

She grabbed the phone, verified the serial number and without even pulling off the protective cover I had put on she immediately said will swap it over with a new one.

Signed the paperwork, and was out the store, put my MobileMe account back on and within minutes, all contacts, etc ready to go!

Which other company makes this process so simple and efficient??

Went home, sync to Itunes and restored new phone with old phone apps, music, etc, all just so simple and it works!!

Well done Apple you really make peoples lives so much easier and stress free!!

And with service like this morning, guess who I will be buying my next computer from!! Call me a fan boy or what ever, Apple has won me for life!

tcn33
18th August 2010, 11:20 AM
It seems unusual that they'd replace it no questions asked for something like that. Wonder if there's a manufacturing fault with some batches.

Great service though :)

dacoda
18th August 2010, 01:04 PM
It's not unusual for Apple though.

I booked an appointment with a genius for my old white macbook (roughly 2007 model). The trackpad was stuck in and was constantly clicking. They replaced the keyboard and trackpad for free even though it was a year past the warranty.

ellsab
18th August 2010, 01:57 PM
It wasn't as if no questions asked, I explained how it had been scratched even though I had only had a week, and yes it might be due to a bad batch, as she checked the serial first before mentioning the replacement.

My main purpose of commenting today was to show the efficiency of their customer service, this is what other companies just don't get! No stuffing around or being over questioned. If it's faulty then just replace and have the customer out the store as quick as possible!

Fitshaced
18th August 2010, 02:03 PM
It wasn't as if no questions asked, I explained how it had been scratched even though I had only had a week, and yes it might be due to a bad batch, as she checked the serial first before mentioning the replacement.

My main purpose of commenting today was to show the efficiency of their customer service, this is what other companies just don't get! No stuffing around or being over questioned. If it's faulty then just replace and have the customer out the store as quick as possible!
True, many places take advantage of customers naivety/good nature and wont be so quick to sort problems out. Instead, make an excuse first, then listen.

Cup_Cakr
19th August 2010, 08:24 PM
I'm glad that they have picked up their act, maybe because they now actually have Apple stores in the country!

Ours was the opposite the other day in a Apple Store though, we will not be buying our next laptops from Chadstone Apple Store.

4K78
20th August 2010, 01:39 AM
Ours was the opposite the other day in a Apple Store though, we will not be buying our next laptops from Chadstone Apple Store.

Why?

Cup_Cakr
20th August 2010, 12:14 PM
Why?

NO service. None at all. Yes, it was busy but there were staff that would just walk past us, not say hello, not make eye contact, nothing.

skritter
20th August 2010, 12:47 PM
NO service. None at all. Yes, it was busy but there were staff that would just walk past us, not say hello, not make eye contact, nothing.

Did you ask for service? NO!!!

"Service" is not sales people coming up and pestering you.

APPLE and BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE have the same definition in the dictionary.

Dreama
20th August 2010, 01:44 PM
what i reckon apple do extremely well, is that you could put your mobileme details in, then go home and sync with itunes and you have all your apps etc, no other manufacturer do it that smoothly! this also makes it so much easier to upgrade to the latest model too

4K78
30th August 2010, 01:21 PM

I suspect they were already helping someone else then.

Cup_Cakr
30th August 2010, 06:00 PM
Did you ask for service? NO!!!

"Service" is not sales people coming up and pestering you.

APPLE and BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE have the same definition in the dictionary.

Some eye contact AT LEAST would have been nice. And trying to stop them to ask a question... Would that count as trying to ask for SERVICE? I think so.

No need to be rude.

I was just sharing what happened with me.

Cup_Cakr
30th August 2010, 06:04 PM
I suspect they were already helping someone else then.

They were busy but also had staff wandering around.

All we wanted was to ask a quick, simple question.

Oh well.

Lutze
30th August 2010, 07:32 PM
They were busy but also had staff wandering around.

All we wanted was to ask a quick, simple question.

Oh well.

If you are just hanging around they won't approach you at all. Look for the guy with the iPad wearing staff colours... he'll be able to get you the help you need, if they are not busy.

Saying that - I nearly made the one in Perth cry the other day.... but then I was being extremely grumpy with him and his pathetic answers.

I have an appointment with a so called genius in just over an hour and then we'll see how the Perth store shapes up for decent service.

Cup_Cakr
30th August 2010, 08:01 PM
If you are just hanging around they won't approach you at all. Look for the guy with the iPad wearing staff colours... he'll be able to get you the help you need, if they are not busy.

Saying that - I nearly made the one in Perth cry the other day.... but then I was being extremely grumpy with him and his pathetic answers.

I have an appointment with a so called genius in just over an hour and then we'll see how the Perth store shapes up for decent service.

OK, thanks for the advise! I will try that next time.

Let me know how you go. Good luck!

johnbpr
30th August 2010, 08:17 PM
Apple stores have the single best customer service I've ever experienced ever.

Once walked out with a new iPhone, in ear headphones and MBP logic board at no cost. Bought a new ATV remote just because I was so grateful.

Lutze
30th August 2010, 11:16 PM
What a difference a Genius booking makes.

Got served at the right time, my Genius took the time to look at the phone and had checked my notes before taking it from me. He saw instantly what I was asking about and swapped out the iPhone.

Even better.. I took in my 2008 BT 3 battery keyboard that had managed to get a stuck battery, was at the point of saying that there was nothing he could do when he noticed my MBP in my bag. He quickly asked how old it was and I advised that it's a 2010 January model. "Excellent!" was his announcement... "I've got a keyboard downstairs I can swap with yours." So my getting long in the tooth 3 battery keyboard has been replaced by a 2010 model that fits in better with my other gear.

Couldn't be happier.