PDA

View Full Version : Jpg Attatchments In Hotmail Open As Excel!

chocho
29th September 2005, 10:02 AM
Hi
I don't know if this is the right place for this. I recently attatched some jpg images to a hotmail message, and they opened as an excel document! I am really frustrated. It has worked fine in the past, what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

:huh:

spilla
29th September 2005, 10:04 AM
is the computer that they are being opened on Windows or Mac?

chocho
29th September 2005, 10:09 AM
mmm, i resent it back to myself and it opens in excel! maybe I have to change my opening preferences! how do i do that? I assumed that they would get it in excel as well. when I open hotmail message i don't see eg, picture.jpg only picture.

Thanks

Jaffa
29th September 2005, 10:31 AM
get info on the file by selecting the file and doing a command+i, then go to "Open With:" and change the defailt application from there. you can also check if it is being registered as a jpg in the info box as well. hotmail, being microshit, has a habbit of changing extensions...

jaffa

chocho
4th October 2005, 07:52 AM
Ok, getting really frustrated now, will try and explain this a bit better! I have a jpg file on my desktop. When I choose to "attatch" in the hotmail window and select the "browse" button, my finder comes up etc. When I select on desktop and then choose the "jpg" file to attatch it previews it as a "document" file! When I open to finally attatch, it saves it as a document and cannot be opened as a jpg! Now I realise why it tries to open the file in excel since it saves as a document. How do I change the prefference, and is there a way around this?
I hope this is clear enough.

Many thanks

:unsure: