PDA

View Full Version : Moving from 20" iMac to 13" MBP

dolbinau
12th August 2010, 08:38 AM
Has anyone sold their iMac or other similarly-sized screen desktop and migrated to an Apple laptop? Did you find yourself missing the screen real estate?

Thanks

faulks
12th August 2010, 10:06 AM
I made the move from my 20" iMac to 13.3" macbook pro about a year ago and man did the screen shrink shit me to tears:o. Unfortunately I needed the portability so it was the sacrifice I had to take.

When out & about I'm generally only word processing or doing some research/reading so it isn't such a big deal, and when back at my desk have now got a 24" external monitor for dual screen goodness...

lite
12th August 2010, 02:30 PM
I just made a similar move - been using the 20" iMac for the last 3/4 years for uni and just got a 13.3" MBP for home/work. Thankfully, I still have my 20" iMac and yes you will miss the size.

I'd recommend investing into the 24" LED Cinema Display if you want some of your screen real estate back, or even wait til the new 27" comes out.

Jazzimac
15th August 2010, 07:21 PM
I still have my 20" iMac which I love and use mainly as a 'store house' and as a computer for the kids' homework. I changed to a 13.3" MacBook over 12 months ago and love the fact I can sit with it on my lap, or take it into my bedroom. I still edit photos, scrapbook digitally and do all the things I did before. I find, I'm much more savvy with how I move my screen around. I do enjoy working on my iMac, but love the ease and portability of the MacBook.