PDA

View Full Version : iphone death grip - Only on some handsets

db9
10th August 2010, 09:55 PM
firstly, yes, another death grip post. BUT WAIT...

i got a iphone 4, launch day, which had a dead pixel. Spent about 15 minutes at about 3 different locations and then a few random times in shopping centres and stuff and i had no effect on bars when i did the 'death grip' (actually the bars sometimes went up).

Got it replaced, now my latest IS effected by the death grip!

(yes both were running the latest, iOS4.01 or w'ever... the one which fixes the dodgy signal display)

anyway,

I am pretty confident that this handset is effected by the death grip whereas my other wasn't... Can i convince apple this?

also, anyone experienced the same thing??

(maybe different days have an effect... im trying to think of reasons WHYYY this is different)

sorry about the randomness. but yeah, here's my question:

"anyone experienced different reception on different iphone 4 handsets?'

karter
10th August 2010, 10:11 PM
Had two iPhone 4's now due to replacement...both the exact same, and you will not be able to convince apple that your last one didn't suffer and now this one does..I believe it is all to do without the amount of reception that the handset is getting..

db9
10th August 2010, 10:18 PM
hmmm... that could well be the case. I tested in the exact same locations though.... one at my desk at uni and a few places around my house.

I'm alright with it - just that my last didn't seem to have any issue - want to know if im alone or not. lol

seems im alone, so far.

lil_ms_mac
19th August 2010, 02:37 PM
I got my phone Tuesday and it's effected by the death grip. I've tried 3 friends phones and 5 in the Apple store and none would drop any bars. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones :mad:

I think it's certainly happening with some and not others. After trying other peoples phones and before I got mine I thought it may be an AT&T problem, but obviously not.

forno
19th August 2010, 02:57 PM
I got my phone Tuesday and it's effected by the death grip. I've tried 3 friends phones and 5 in the Apple store and none would drop any bars. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones :mad:

I think it's certainly happening with some and not others. After trying other peoples phones and before I got mine I thought it may be an AT&T problem, but obviously not.

Did you try all of your friends and your own phone in the apple store? are they all on the same network?:rolleyes:

lil_ms_mac
19th August 2010, 03:46 PM
Did you try all of your friends and your own phone in the apple store? are they all on the same network?:rolleyes:

No I didn't, but all of the friends ones we tried are/were at my work in the same building, all Telstra.

And I've just realised it made it sound like the other ones I held were phones in the Apple store. I didn't, they're not hooked up to anything *faceplam*. What I meant was I was in the shop just after launch day with a group of people as they held their brand new phones (a group went in together) and they were passing them around trying to make them do it and all 5 wouldn't.

I'll reread what I write next time :p