PDA

View Full Version : iPhone and iPad wont show up in iTunes

Mel7
10th August 2010, 07:37 PM
Hi

I bought a new MacBook Pro, and now my iPhone 3G and iPad wont show up in iTunes. I've tried resetting both devices, with no luck.

Can anyone help?

changa
10th August 2010, 08:51 PM
Does your iPhone or iPad charge when connected to your Macbook?

It may be as simple as a faulty USB port or a faulty cable. I had a similar problem when my iPhone would not show up in my Macbook and I found it was because my charge cable was at fault. My daughter had been using my cable as a necklace and somehow broke it.

I tried a different cable and all was fine.

sparky13
10th August 2010, 09:43 PM
Tried different usb ports and/or cables? Also, try plugging another usb device in. Also, could it be a setting on iTunes

Mel7
10th August 2010, 09:56 PM
Thanks all for the responses. I did a few searches on the Apple Discussion forums. When I started up my new Macbook Por, I didn't check for software updates (silly me). It seems there were a number of updates that ai hadn't installed. After installing the updates, everything is fine.

Thanks again.

sparky13
10th August 2010, 09:58 PM
Haha, at least it's solved. When I reformatted my computer, i didn't install drivers and my internet didn't work. Was wondering why. Took me a while but then I realised I needed to install the ethernet driver haha :)