PDA

View Full Version : Getting my iPhone 4 tomorrow - Worried!

Narooma
9th August 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm getting my iPhone 4 tomorrow. I was really excited coming from a 3G as it feels super slow on IOS4, but after reading so much crappola about the iPhone 4 I'm a little nervous.

Are you current 4 owners stoked with yours?

Fitshaced
9th August 2010, 04:24 PM
Couldnt be happier. A major step up from the 3G. If you get a faulty one, replace it or get a refund.

TJA77
9th August 2010, 04:25 PM
Dont get sucked in by the negative hype. Mine is going fantastic! You will notice an even bigger difference coming from a 3G. The screen is to die for

mallo
9th August 2010, 04:26 PM
Have a read around, think I've seen one person (on mactalk) actually complain about their iPhone 4, and from reading that thread it sounded to me like the carrier was the issue, not the phone.

you will love it. I couldnt be happier.

tom5955
9th August 2010, 04:28 PM
Its a fantastic phone. Coming from the 3G as well, it was a fantastic upgrade.

I'm loving it, if you don't just take it back to the store. Easy enough, you've got 30 days to decide.

bennyling
9th August 2010, 04:29 PM
It's the best smartphone out there at the moment.

Period.

Forget about what everyone else has said and just enjoy the sheer speed of the thing :)

Narooma
9th August 2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm really pumped about getting it. Its just living in the country makes returning things a lot more difficult. Fingers crossed I get a goodie :)

Two years with my iPhone 3G and it still looks brand new....just IOS 4 virtually killed it :(

tom5955
9th August 2010, 04:33 PM
Forget about what everyone else has said and just enjoy the sheer speed of the thing :)

And the screen!

timmytomtam
9th August 2010, 04:34 PM
I also used my 3G for 2 years before getting my iPhone 4.

I thought my 3G had a pretty good display, but than when you look at them side by side, you will be absolutely amazed by just how good the 4's retina display is!

alzzla
9th August 2010, 05:08 PM
I'm happy with mine. I reckon you'll be too. :-)

Leopard
9th August 2010, 05:10 PM
Go for it,it's Great. The Mutts Nuts.....:cool:

iCameron
9th August 2010, 05:36 PM
DONT THINK... BUY!

It's better then my 3G

karter
9th August 2010, 05:50 PM
looked at my old 3G yesterday and put my iphone 4 next to it, there kinda not even comparable...haha

DJY
9th August 2010, 06:15 PM
I liked both upgrades...
from 3G to 3G S
and then 3G S to 4

You will love it!

The screen is amazing! You have to play with it to realise how great it is.
Speed - much better - things happen smoothly and quickly.
Look / Feel - much better - much prefer the squarer, non curved back, and doesn't feel plastic at all (well actually cause it isn't its glass and metal)
Slighty slimmer

all around - great upgrade!

iCantwait
9th August 2010, 06:31 PM
it is REALLY uncomfortable compared to the iPhone 3G/S in the hand.

ellsab
9th August 2010, 06:33 PM
It's not just the screen, the biggest difference has been the amazing camera it's just so much faster than the old 3G, and the photo quality is great too, then there is the speed difference, everything just happens so much quicker, you will be over the moon at the difference.

Just beware and be sure to put a screen protector, as front and back glass do scatch easily. I had mine a week and both front and back visible scratches, I was waiting for protector to arrive in mail, what a mistake that turned out to be! Protect from day one, not worth the wait.

This is not to put you off, just be careful, the phone is amazing otherwise.

nGage7962
9th August 2010, 06:36 PM
Love the 4! No comparison once you have looked at the "Retina Display".

If you are not happy with it, just send it to me and for a nomimal charge I will swap it for a 3GS ;)

But seriously, don't worry about it. It's a really big step up from the 3GS, so from a 3G you should be completely blown away.

LevMac
9th August 2010, 06:38 PM
Its a fantastic phone. Coming from the 3G as well, it was a fantastic upgrade.

I'm loving it, if you don't just take it back to the store. Easy enough, you've got 30 days to decide.

Is it 30 days or 14 days ? On the receipt they say 14 days, on the website they say 30 days ?

Phunky
9th August 2010, 07:08 PM
Check for dead pixels, check for proximity sensor issues, check that the camera is working properly, check if there is a greenish hue in the centre of the photo when taking photos of white backgrounds, check for gluey residue under the screen
These are the issues reported with the phone which you can check to see if yours is a 'goodie'

Cup_Cakr
9th August 2010, 09:58 PM
I LOVE mine. You will not be disappointed. Enjoy your new toy :rolleyes:

iJohn
10th August 2010, 03:47 AM
love mine.. Went from3G and used to say best phone ever used. Now i say it on my iphone 4 best phone i ever used

Narooma
11th August 2010, 10:58 AM
I got 2 x 32GB ones yesterday. We didn't get home till 8.00pm (left here at 4.00am) so I was too stuffed to even take them out of the box :(

Just backing up the 3G's now and will be moving the backup over to the new phones.

EXCITED!!!!