PDA

View Full Version : When is Apple AU bringing back "back to school" promo

missymaddy
8th August 2010, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know when is Apple AU bringing back "back to school" promo. The promo that is bundle with iMac and ipod touch. Apparently a number of countries are having it

alextrob
8th August 2010, 04:32 PM
Probably when it's 'back to school' time in Australia (i.e. sometime between January-March next year).

Countries in the northern hemisphere are finishing up their Summer holidays about now which is why Apple are doing those promos overseas.

idiesel
8th August 2010, 05:29 PM
They are also getting rid of current gen iPod stock I presume to make way for the new model due v.soon.

Huy
8th August 2010, 07:43 PM
Probably when it's 'back to school' time in Australia (i.e. sometime between January-March next year).

+1.

Usually kicks off around this time in the past.

the8thark
16th June 2011, 06:34 PM
Hmmm thanks for the info. I am looking to get an iMac soon though. I can't really wait till end of the year. Oh well. I'll be watching to see if we actually get BTS. ANd btw did we get BTS in the past? And was it around the end of year?

Huy
16th June 2011, 07:08 PM
It's usually beginning of the year when people start uni running til around April. We've always had BTS with free iPods.

This time, I'm guessing $100 Mac App Store cards in 2012. The EDU deal is good enough, so they don't have to spend money giving iPod touches away.

the8thark
16th June 2011, 07:11 PM
Yes the edu deal is very good. I'm happy to just be able to get that. It runs out soon so I want to make the most of it. And a lot of people cry that the edu deal with $100 itunes card is not good enough. They want free ipads and ipods. Spoilt brats I say. Never happy with what they have.

Huy
16th June 2011, 07:13 PM
FYI it ended 28 March this year:
Apple - Rebates (http://www.apple.com/au/promo/)

It normally runs for about 3 months from Jan-March. Check back at Redirecting ... (http://www.apple.com.au/backtoschool) in about 7-8 months for the next run.

the8thark
16th June 2011, 07:19 PM
This is the US terms and conditions. probably same as the Aus ones alter in the year.

PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only the following Apple Computers qualify for this promotion: iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro (“Apple Computers”). Configure-to-order versions of these Apple Computers qualify for this offer. Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify. Mac mini does not qualify. The eligible Apple Computers are collectively referred to as “Qualifying Products.”
http://www.apple.com/promo/pdf/BTS_2011_TermsConditions_US.pdf

michaeliam
30th June 2011, 09:25 AM
Dammit. Would love for this promo to return...

rubaiyat
16th July 2011, 02:30 PM
Hardly good value to get a "free"iPod touch and pay too much for your Mac.

Devil
16th July 2011, 03:33 PM
Hardly good value to get a "free"iPod touch and pay too much for your Mac.

Really? Sorry for feeding, but I have to disagree with this statement.

When this deal was active, there was not one retailer that was willing to lose over $150 to match the apple deal if you were buying nothing but the computer at EDU price. Even buying AppleCare, or "paying too much" for the stores branded warranty didn't make a difference in most stores.

rubaiyat
18th July 2011, 03:16 PM
Really? Sorry for feeding, but I have to disagree with this statement.

When this deal was active, there was not one retailer that was willing to lose over $150 to match the apple deal if you were buying nothing but the computer at EDU price. Even buying AppleCare, or "paying too much" for the stores branded warranty didn't make a difference in most stores.

There are 2 times a year when you can easily get $200 off on your purchase, just before/after Christmas and End of Financial Year in June.

I have just gone through the steps to get over $400 off in another thread that got locked down.

There is an absurd notion that getting a good deal hurts Apple in some way. My purchase was from Myer and I am sure that Apple got its cut as usual.

I am totally gobsmacked just how ignorant and helpless the average Apple customer is these days. Can't even sort out the basics without handholding. Long gone are the days Apple had to pass the hat around amongst the faithful to stop going under.

Stand on your own two feet for your own interests, which in this case is getting the best deal for yourself.

the8thark
18th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Oohhhh don't talk Apple prices or the topic will be locked.

And why should the re-sellers offer a discount? If things fly off the shelves without a discount, it makes no sense to put a discount in.

MrJesseRoss
18th July 2011, 05:57 PM
Nice attempt at taking the thread off topic. I think it's run its course.