PDA

View Full Version : Show number of open windows on the dock?

Jayman80
6th August 2010, 11:44 AM
Is this possible or is there an app out there that can do this? Atm you have a glow spotlight type thing under the app to show that it's open. Ideally I'd like that to be a number if say I had 3 windows in firefox open, I'd like to see a 3 under firefox. There's no way to see how many windows I have open at a glance.

Please don't just tell me to use expose. I'd like to see at a glance how many windows I have open of each app.

bartron
6th August 2010, 11:58 AM
There's no way to see how many windows I have open at a glance.

Yes there is, it's called Expose. Hold control+expose button (f3 in shortcut mode or f10 in function key mode)...shows only windows for that one app

Please don't just tell me to use expose. I'd like to see at a glance how many windows I have open of each app.

oh...ok then.

The answer I seem to find is "not the way you want to" which I presume is something like the little red circle with the number of open windows displayed.

So it's either expose or nothing at this stage.

MarkW
6th August 2010, 01:53 PM

Jayman80
6th August 2010, 03:08 PM
Yep I've seen the dockland software bar and it was on my radar to try if I can't find anything else. They annoying thing is I have no problem with the normal dock other than it not showing how many windows are open. It looks like such a small change.

The little numbers on the dockland bar in the screenshot is exactly what I wish the mac dock had :(.

bartron
6th August 2010, 04:05 PM
Barton just because you don't know of anything doesn't mean there actually is nothing.

Hence why I stated "Not the way you want to" so yes, there is currently nothing that does what OP would like to do. Fantasktik comes close.

The dock overlay is programmable though so if someone was willing to I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible to make an add-on that displayed the number of open windows overplayed on top of the app icon.