PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 vs HTC Desire

remhh
5th August 2010, 08:54 PM
Maybe not the right thread, but has anyone had experience with both phones and how do they compare? Further, does the HTC play nice with mac?

Seakip
5th August 2010, 08:57 PM
HTC Sync is only avaible for windows but you can copy files across through Finder.

I'd rather go with an iPhone, I find the build quality better as well as the software, both are quite fast but the quality of the apps and games is better on the iPhone.

remhh
5th August 2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks

lmyers
5th August 2010, 09:38 PM
I was in the same boat. Was going to get a Desire but I'm happy I stuck it out for the iPhone 4 (for similar reasons above). I've used both now and in my opinion the iPhone 4 is better (but thats only my opinion).

PAYNE
6th August 2010, 10:02 AM
The HTC desire has also tempted me, Iím currently out of contract and canít get a white iphone.
I have a few friends who have them and are trying to push all the nice features and option the HTC has.

I have had an iphone since available in Australia and I just canít bring myself to change.

stefan
6th August 2010, 06:02 PM
I was looking at the Desire but due to its lack of MAC support out of the box I gave up on it and my attention was drawn to the Sony xperia x10 instead.

However, if you do not care about Mac integration then the Desire is certainly a great phone and I can't see too many differences functionality wise. For me the features of the Desire and Sony are very much geared towards the Twitter/Facebook crowd of which I am not a part of. For these target groups both phones have some great features which the iphone may fall short of without additional apps of which there are plenty. The 2 phones just seem to interface neatly with these technologies without any further tools.

The overall design of the Desire lacks the quality of the iphone4. But that comes down to personal taste. I just don't like the plastic look of the Desire that much whereas the Sony seemed to be high quality but a little bit on the bigger side of things with its huge screen.

I have bought the iphone4 not because it is the best phone out there but because it seems to cover all my needs perfectly fine. Not to mention that I just bumped into one at a Telstra store without having to queue or wait...

I would have loved to go against the flow but it didn't seem worth the extra effort this time. In my view the gap has closed and there are plenty of good phones out there now. Apple will have a big task at hand next time if they want to keep their market share. Can't wait to see what comes next. Hopefully something useful... :)

dche5390
6th August 2010, 07:56 PM
I want a Desire. My 3Gs is acting up. Plus, my iPad covers my needs.

tom5955
6th August 2010, 08:33 PM
I got one with a contract I signed up for on Telstra. Held it in my hand next to my iPhone 4, and just put it back in the box. As soon as I turned it on the screen was the first thing I noticed. It just doesn't compare.

I want a Desire. My 3Gs is acting up. Plus, my iPad covers my needs.

I'm about to put it up on the For Sale forum if you want to take a look.

dche5390
6th August 2010, 08:40 PM
I got one with a contract I signed up for on Telstra. Held it in my hand next to my iPhone 4, and just put it back in the box. As soon as I turned it on the screen was the first thing I noticed. It just doesn't compare.

I'm about to put it up on the For Sale forum if you want to take a look.

Send me a PM on the pricing. Where you at?

remhh
6th August 2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you all... I am thinking that I am leaning towards the Iphone 4..... Even though I really like what I am hearing about Android 2.2

imacattack
6th August 2010, 09:23 PM
The major down side to the android smartphone's is the major lack of Australian apps the other downside is you will not have much screen space to put your apps on like it only has about 3 pages left & right and that's it. I found the android smartphone's for people who didn't care much for apps but are just happy with some widget's and a few apps.

jok3r
7th August 2010, 11:43 AM
Owned both, the iPhone feels so much refined compared to desire.
The responsivness of the touchscreen was lacking with the desire.
And not to mention all the crapware telstra added to the phone, and to remove all the telstra crap, you need to install a custom firmware. Which is more dangerous then jailbreaking.