PDA

View Full Version : iPhone4: Screen Turning On While On Call - Light Sensor Issue?

jayden_f
4th August 2010, 11:29 PM
anyone experiencing issues with the display turning on while on a call, resulting in accidently muting, adding another call etc...

i reckon there's sensitivity issues with the light sensor.

i've had previous gen iphones and never had this problem.

cheers!

NeoRicen
4th August 2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah there are proximity sensor issues with the iPhone that are widely known. Apple promises a fix with the next software update, which should be due pretty soon as it's in Beta for developers.

gr8bob
5th August 2010, 12:26 AM
This has happened to me once so far, turned on the speakerphone with my face. :D

Arkhum_Eramak
5th August 2010, 10:03 AM
Only happened to me once but I noticed the light come on and moved the iPhone away and back and it flicked back off. Still, not looking forward to the important call where I stuff it up :/

hangdog
5th August 2010, 10:08 AM
The very first call I received on my iPhone 4, I disconnected with my cheek. It hasn't happened again. So far.

I had issues with the 1st-gen iPhone for a while, before finding out that the silicone case I was using was blocking the proximity sensor. Admittedly that's unlikely to be a problem now that most/all case designers are aware of it.