PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak for iPhone 4

sleek881
3rd August 2010, 03:42 PM
Jailbreak by Comex for IOS 4.0 and 4.0.1 through Safari browser.

Redmond Pie (http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-4.0.1-on-iphone-4-3gs-new-bootrom-with-jailbreakme-2.0-star-how-to-guide-video/)

drewbles
3rd August 2010, 03:43 PM
Be careful with this one. I've seen peoples phones cease to work and they had to restore (3GS had no mobile service, only wifi).

Also, as a note, this jailbreak is exploiting a security hole in Safari and malformed PDF's. Be careful what sites you visit guys until Apple fixes it (4.0.2 or 4.1 when it's out we can hope).

ThexMac
3rd August 2010, 04:28 PM
P.S. If your iPhone is bricked by this... there is NO warranty.

drewbles
3rd August 2010, 04:32 PM

It doesn't brick it. A restore will bring things back. I have seen that if you try and restore a backup once you've re-installed the iOS that things break again, so it's simply a problem on something that is backed up. You'll just need to setup your phone as a new phone (although you'll lose game scores etc).

Stez
3rd August 2010, 04:32 PM

You cannot brick an iPhone from software. This is why I find Apple not offering warranty for jailbroken phones to make no difference. If you can't boot up just DFU mode restore. It's IMPOSSIBLE to brick your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad by jailbreaking!!!

ThexMac
3rd August 2010, 04:33 PM
Well this is a turn for the worse... someone can vandalize an entire Apple store with this exploit.
Prankster Jailbreaks iPhone 4s In Apple Retail Store | Cult of Mac (http://www.cultofmac.com/prankster-jailbreaks-iphone-4s-in-apple-retail-store/53472?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+cultofmac/bFow+(Cult+of+Mac)&utm_content=Google+International)

ThexMac
3rd August 2010, 04:41 PM
You cannot brick an iPhone from software. This is why I find Apple not offering warranty for jailbroken phones to make no difference. If you can't boot up just DFU mode restore. It's IMPOSSIBLE to brick your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad by jailbreaking!!!

Yes it doesn't brick the device... but some of the available software that a person installs after jail breaking might...and without the user even knowing!... For example the radio chip controller might malfunction or power management chip set... then try to restore and whalah!

What if the jailbreak fails... which it does.

...Even the dev teams don't know all of the other members for this stuff... so how do they know that another is not writing malicious or back-door code?

niknewys
3rd August 2010, 04:52 PM
I used this method yesterday, and havn't had any problems. Everything seems to be working fine... can use wifi, 3g and calls all good...
I'm running a white iphone 32GB 3GS...

homerjay
3rd August 2010, 04:53 PM
well i jailbroke mine and all worked perfect.

iko
3rd August 2010, 07:28 PM
I jailbroke mine too and I noticed a small thing...

If I switch the phone on I can see the typical initial black screen with the Apple logo in the middle, after 2 seconds the screen is the same but on the top I can see some small color lines. I feel like the DevTeam (or whoever did this jailbreak) didnīt fix properly the initial picture into the screen.

Then itīs all ok. Specially I like an app made in Australia, BiteSMS.

iJohn
3rd August 2010, 07:48 PM
JB HERE aswell

lenman74
19th August 2010, 09:03 PM

wrong, my iphone 2G got upgraded accidentally after JB the 2.x software. It is now stuck in some sort of hellish state where you cannot enter DFU mode.

Many have tried to get it up and running again including decryption. No go.

EDIT HELP: Just did the jailbrake and now I have "locked sim" appearing on the phone (4G running 4.01). Any ideas?

Phunky
20th August 2010, 08:13 PM
SIM PIN lock is not the same as carrier lock
See the other thread