PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 case shaped like 3G

skyhawkmatthew
2nd August 2010, 10:00 PM
So, I have a handlebar mount on my bike that I use with my iPhone 3G for GPS when I'm riding, and of course it's contoured for that phone. I'm getting an iPhone 4 as soon as they turn up in the Telstra store in town, so I'm looking for a solution so I can keep using this case on the bike. Has anyone seen a case/shell for the iPhone 4 (which is obviously much smaller than the 3G/S) that makes it the same shape as the old phones (I guess like the case the one found in the bar originally had!) so it would fit snugly?

joelprasad
2nd August 2010, 10:04 PM
just get a new holder they are pretty cheap

Bicycle Bike Mount Holder Stand Kit for \iphone 4 4G - eBay, Other, Tools, Home Garden. (end time 05-Aug-10 20:00:25 AEST) (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bicycle-Bike-Mount-Holder-Stand-Kit-iphone-4-4G-/300443886066?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f3d9e1f2&ssPageName=RSS:B:SHOP:AU:102)

skyhawkmatthew
3rd August 2010, 06:44 AM
All very well but the case I have at the moment is a fully enclosed shell that's shock/waterproof etc so I am not guaranteed to ruin the phone the instant I crash...

drewbles
3rd August 2010, 11:55 AM
Ask Gray Powell. I'm sure he'll help you ;)

(and if you didn't know he's the one who lost the iPhone 4 which was disguised in a 3GS shell type case so it looked the same as an iPhone 3GS to the naked eye)