PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 camera

dannnnn
2nd August 2010, 01:40 PM
ahoy hoy,

is anyone else having problems with the camera on the iphone4??

i am having problems much like described here: http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11754390

the app loads and it'll show the lens-closed graphic.. but it'll never open. the same thing happens with apps like facebook, and third party camera apps like gorillacam or quadcamera. have tried restoring the phone, rebooting.. etc. no dice. a bit annoying!!

i'm planning to go out to the apple store on thursday night.. but i guess i will have to wait for a replacement??

supafly
2nd August 2010, 01:42 PM
You should find that the Apple retail store will have a replacement for you. They have replacement stock set aside.

dannnnn
2nd August 2010, 01:54 PM
yeah, it'd be reasonable to think that but i just called them and they don't. even if you already have a phone and it was DOA you have to wait for the next batch of stock like everyone else.

dannnnn
3rd August 2010, 12:03 PM
Called AppleCare yesterday to see what the process is.. Not too keen to go to an apple store as it is 30min drive away. AppleCare said that because the phone is DOA I need to return to the place of purchase for a replacement and that an apple store couldn't help me.

So I went to vodafone store today and they insisted that they couldn't help me either, and showed me a store policy saying I have to go to the apple store.

Very helpful apple, thankyou. I'll make a genius bar appointment and see how i go.

dannnnn
3rd August 2010, 03:02 PM
All genuisbar appointments were full so I called AppleCare again. Spoke with a super helpful guy who has arranged to give me an advanced replacement whereby they send me out a replacement phone and a reply-paid box to send my broken phone back. They reckon it should be here by Friday. This is a great response from them, good service.

karter
3rd August 2010, 04:25 PM
All genuisbar appointments were full so I called AppleCare again. Spoke with a super helpful guy who has arranged to give me an advanced replacement whereby they send me out a replacement phone and a reply-paid box to send my broken phone back. They reckon it should be here by Friday. This is a great response from them, good service.

can you get a advance replacement for an iPhone 4? I rang apple yesterday and they said their was not stock for advance replacements??

dannnnn
3rd August 2010, 04:37 PM
I will post again if I get the replacement.. But at this stage it looks good. Note that my phone is classified as DOA which appears to change things.

karter
3rd August 2010, 04:55 PM
since yours is a DOA do you still have to pay the $39 fee?

dannnnn
3rd August 2010, 05:22 PM
Nup

karter
3rd August 2010, 06:00 PM
just rang apple, they are sending me a new iPhone through the advance replacement, got the $39.00 fee waved, really happy!

Great service Apple!! :)

dannnnn
5th August 2010, 04:37 PM
Got my replacement phone... Good work apple! Need to sync it with machine at home to see if it is working ok, but their service seems excellent.